saving / thickening side hair on finasteride?

jbob

Reaction score
I am a very early receeder and have been on finasteride for 8 months now and min for 6. Things look pretty good, I don;t think I see any thinning at the hairline and even though the right temple is about .5 - 1 cm further back than I would like, the left is great and one can';t be greedy..

...Anyway, I just noticed last week that my hair on the sides (the vertical hair line between the temples and sideburns) is a bit on the thin side. From memory it has been that way for a while. It is all there but just a bit thin (the only area I show any thinning). Should I expect the finasteride to continue to thinken it or at least stop it at the point it is now? Cheers

mooman80

Reaction score
i've been on finasteride 5 years, and i have noticed a slow thinning of my sides over this time. so i don't think finasteride does much for side hair, at least not for mine. maybe since side and back hair isn't harmed by dht to begin with?

minoxidil has helped me to thicken the sides though, so keep that up

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DHT does effect sides. finasteride has thickened and darkened my sides a bit and they are pushing forward a bit. At the very line is lots of vellous.

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
i apply a very small amount to the hair there and it seems to have grown and gotten thicker