San Diego hair transplant recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke 21:18

Reaction score
Hi there i've been reading alot on this site and it has been very helpful. I'm looking for a good Dr in the San Diego, CA area. I've read some bad reviews of Dr. DeYarman, and some good of Dr. Garbutt at New Look MD. I was hoping for any further advice. I'm in between An NW1-NW2 and just looking for the temples to be filled in as thet are quite receding, I am 30 yrs. old, and I thank you for any suggestions.

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with Dr. Mark Garbutt. Someone else on this forum used him and the results were great. I met with him today and I got a very good feel from the staff, and the whole enviroment as oppose to Dr. DeYarman across the street. Plus they are ruuning a special normally $5 a graft, now $2.50 till the end of this month, i'd swing by if I were you to get a feel for them yourself. I'm not trying to knock or promote anybody, I'm just goin off of the consultations and reviews i've seen on this board and others. If someone knows better, please post, i'd like to hear other opinions, thanks

badmaxx

Reaction score
maranatha said:
what??? wow okay, I thought I was the one looking for advice, hence the name of the post, im from San Diego and I don't work in an office i'm a sales routeman for Kraft, did you want my address and phone number too. (I'll give it if you really want)Question, on a previous post "NEw Guy Needs Advice" why would I advise the guy not to go off of what I say, but rather talk to s.a.f, Cassin, and Petchsky. O wait I know, cause I work in the same office as them. I havent even recomended Garbutt yet, I just said I got a good price, I wouldn't recomend anybody until I see final results. I guess its too late now cause I already had the operation, but, is there anything you recomend I do or say to Garbutt when I have stiches taken out? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I too hope I made a good decision. Going off what you said about your cousin I thought Garbutt would be pretty good, is your cousin not happy, does he look like a doll head? That's my worst fear, aside from losing the rest.

Hi Maranatha - Perhaps you mistook my comment as being directed towards you. It was not. It was for JBD, who has since been removed from this site by the moderators. I was implying that JBD was the one who worked for DeYarman, based upon the fact he signed up for this site yesterday and has 2 posts. It was obvious he was coming to DeYarman's defense. And, for what its worth, I've seen plenty of negative comments across many hair sites about this particular doctor.

I am legit; just a guy like most here, gathering as much good info as possible in order to make a more informed decision.

Also, in regards to my comment on Dr. Garbutt. That was very true, my cousin is basically happy with the results. But, as I had mentioned, his case was apples to oranges in that my cousin is a slick NW6, and just wanted enough to reframe his face. As for my cousin's transplant, I'd say it was a success. I do think he could use a little more "thickening" work, but by no means did Dr. Garbutt turn him into a Barbie doll head. The grafts appear well-placed and from the hand of a very experienced doctor.

Quick background on my cousin, he's the type that waited forever to do this, decades literally. He was too afraid of ending up like a doll head, and it wasn't until he encountered a client of his who admitted to having had a transplant did my cousin seriously entertain the notion. I never saw his client, but my cousin was astounded by the fact that his client's work was totally undetectable. The doctor who created this masterpiece work was indeed, Dr. Garbutt.

As stated previously, my work was done by Dr. Cole. Hence, I only know of Garbutt's work through word of mouth and examining a single example of his work. Again, pretty darn good overall. But, for me, doing strip was just never an option I felt I could endure, hence my choice of FUE with Dr. Cole. Overall I'm happy, but I need lots more work. But, then again, doesn't everybody always need more? LOL

Happy growing, Maranatha. ;)

jbd

Reaction score
Maranatha
I was told that you formed your opinion about me from an article posted
on another website.
The owner of that website has a personal issue with me and has tried
unsuccessfully to damage my reputation when in fact he has brought me more
inquiries based on his postings. The owner of this website statements are without merit and have no legal ability to comment medical standards since he is not a physician. Because he is not a physician he can not put himself in a position of ranking physicians, creating medical protocol, and determining what type of treatment a doctor should perform.
The one patient that he refers to went on the website with questions of concern about his growth and at no time did he post any complaints against me or my staff. Since the patient was humiliated by the owner of the website and other posters on the website he refuses to go back on the site. The patient has since had additional work by me and is happy to share it privately with anyone regarding his results, but does
not want to go back to the website in question because of the barrage of
humiliation and degradation.
I have an excellent reputation in hair transplant surgery both with physicians
in my field here, abroad, and with 99% of my patients. I have the BEST
surgeon's in San Diego and from other areas outside San Diego refer
me their patients who are looking to have hair transplants. If my reputation
were in question I wouldn't have them referring me their own patients. I also
have a large referral basis of extremely happy patients sending me family and friends wanting my services. I have done work on many fellow top physicians in the area.
I have been in the hair transplant business for over 29 years now and have never had this type of situation arise. In these times most physicians in my field are having to find other
means of work, but because of my stellar reputation I have referral's and repeat
patients coming back over and over again. It is and it will continue to be my policy that if a patient is unhappy with their results than I will do whatever it takes to make
them content and feel reassured that I am there for them 100% and will fix
whatever they feel is not right. I let my work speak for itself and stand
behind every single surgery that I do.
I never feel that just because I have been doing this for so long that I don't
need to keep up on current and new techniques. There is always something more
for me to learn and incorporate into my practice. This is not only for me, but my
staff as well. I keep abreast on the newest standards for hair restoration and
I’m always trying to strive for perfection by attending workshops on cutting edge
techniques and continuing my education on hair restoration by attending seminars
and reading the journals. I want to deliver the latest and newest techniques available to my patients.
I do the consultation myself and will spend 30-45 minutes with each and every consult regardless if they book a surgery or not.
I have an excellent staff of five surgical assistants and am the only doctor in the San Diego area capable of doing up to 5000 grafts in one session. All our surgeries start at 9AM and finish around 4 PM depending on the case.
Thank-you for letting me post.
Dr James DeYarman

Reaction score
I did not form my opnion of you on that website alone, I met with you and your staff. I researched your clients, those that post about it, and formed my opnion on all these. I decided to go with another doctor because he as well as his staaff seemed more carring, and helpful to my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.