Rutin as PTGDS inhibitor

kana-sucre

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I've been looking for some PGTDS inhibitor for several months now, and I've seen few weeks ago this article about various tests on PTGDS inhibitor : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26456343

According to the article here are some natural PTGDS inhibitor :
  • Acricinoleic acid
  • Acteoside
  • Amentoflavone
  • Quercetin-3-O-rutinosine
  • Hinokiflavone

I firstly tried to take Acrinoleic acid topically by applying castor oil once a day (with ethanol) on my scalp. I have been applying it for 3 months nows but I still haven't seen any improvement.

So I searched informations on the others components and it seems that the Quercetin-3-O-rutinosine (Also known as Rutin) it's the easier to find.

According to this page it can be find in a lot of foods, and capers and black olives seems to be the two elements that contains the most. So I started few days ago to eat 100 g black olives (as I hate capers) each day, as it contains 45mg.100g-1. But eat 100g of black olives every day is a little bit annoyaing for reasons...

But I noticed that rutin could also be bought easily as pills (500 mg pills) as it's really cheap (20€/25USD for 100 pills) I ordered it and I plan to take it 500mg once a day.

Anybody has already heard of rutin for hair growth ? Do you think that's a good idea ? I'm a little bit worried about possible side effects as I have never heard about anybody taking these pills...

For your informations I'm now 22 and I've been taking finasteride 1mg a day for 1 years and minoxidil for 1.5 years. I haven't seen any regrowth, still norwood 3.

Sorry for bad english guys... :(

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Kana, try dermaroller if you haven't already. It releases a lot of growth factors underneath the skin.

I have a 0.5mm one (should get a 1.5 but the pain is too much), and I use it 2x a week. Do not overdo it, once a week (or 2x) might be enough.

Make sure to keep it clean with isopropyl alcohol as to sanitize it from any bacteria.

kana-sucre

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I was thinking about trying dermaroller, but I don't know because of the pain it cause, and the esthetic as it seems to mark the skin for days...

Any opinion about rutin ?

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
"in SILICO" studies, means its deduce from a bioinformatic model, which means **** basically

trust me im bioinformatician

Watership_down

Reaction score
Hi frenchy,in your regimen it says you are using sulfasalazine? I was just wondering where you got it? Did you purchase it online or did your doctor give it to you? I was thinking about giving it a go, so if you have any info on where to get it, that would be great. Thanks

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Kana, try dermaroller if you haven't already. It releases a lot of growth factors underneath the skin.

I have a 0.5mm one (should get a 1.5 but the pain is too much), and I use it 2x a week. Do not overdo it, once a week (or 2x) might be enough.

Make sure to keep it clean with isopropyl alcohol as to sanitize it from any bacteria.

Growth factors are beneficial for hair loss? If so what do you think about bovine colostrum?

crustav

Reaction score
bought some amentoflavone (amentomax). Think it was working but my heartbeat got a bit irregular.