RU58841: The new Kreamer & Bohn solutions!

Ende

Reaction score
Quote from the patent;
[0009]Due to the teratogenicity of antiandrogens, intrinsic to the substances, with an influence on sex differentiation in the late stage of pregnancy, the substances mentioned cannot be used in the form of conventional aqueous/alcoholic hair lotions because of the occurrence of precipitates of the substances at the application site after evaporation of the solvent and the associated toxicological risk of transfer of the substance to pregnant women. Furthermore, delayed release of the active compounds over a relatively long period of time, in order to avoid high systemic concentrations of the active substance and the associated occurrence of systemic antiandrogenic effects, is not guaranteed by conventional formulation for application to the scalp.

[0010]In order to make the antiandrogenic active compounds in the above-mentioned references available for a reliable and effective treatment, it was therefore necessary to discover compositions which do not have the disadvantages described for conventional scalp treatment compositions.

(...)

[0088]The treatment of androgenic alopecia can be carried out reliably and effectively with the compositions according to the invention. This is an extremely important finding, in view of the poor treatment results to date.

It's a total of 4 new RU58841 solutions; 0.5%, 1%, 2% and 5%. I'm posting the 2- and 5% solutions only. These have the same ingredients, but at different ratios. The percentage amounts stated are based on the total weight of the solution. The solutions are prepared by dissolving the various components in water, which means that you begin with water, and add everything else to it. The drug should be added when the vehicle is prepared.

Formula - 2% solution

- 54% Demineralized water
- 40% Ethanol (96%)
- 2% Polyethoxylated hydrogenated castor oil (BASF Cremophor RH 410)
- 2% Vinylimidazolium methochloride/vinylpyrrolidone copolymer (BASF Luviquat FC 550)
- 2% RU58841

Formula - 5% solution

- 27% Demineralized water
- 63% Ethanol (96%)
- 2.5% Polyethoxylated hydrogenated castor oil (BASF Cremophor RH 410)
- 2.5% Vinylimidazolium methochloride/vinylpyrrolidone copolymer (BASF Luviquat FC 550)
- 5% RU58841

Attachments

• Compositions for Topical Application Having Androgenic Actions.rar
    60.4 KB · Views: 376

davekhan

Reaction score
if I'm reading correctly is this the best way to apply RU?

where can i get the supplies?

can i get some newbie instructions?

Ende

Reaction score
Yes, I've experimented with the 5% solution, and it's superior to the other solutions I've been using. It's not greasy, it dries fast because of the high ethanol content, and it feels good on the scalp. I'm using anabolic-androgen steroids, and could tell that the solution was more effective. The absorption is slow (it lasts up to 24 hours if I remember correctly), which reduces systemic absorption, and it contains a film forming agent which is activated within a couple of minutes after the application. The film forming agent make sure that the drug isn't transferred to others if they accidentally touch your hair. Ethanol, water and BASF Luviquat FC 550 are easy to get hold of, but BASF Cremophor RH 410 isn't - because BASF is usually only selling large amounts to the cosmetic- and pharmaceutical industry.

The only downside with this solution, is that you can't apply any other topical solution at the same time. If you're using Rogaine 5%, you have to use the foam, or reduce the treatment to once a day.

Ende

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but people have to figure out that themselves, because I've been providing the solution on a private forum - and I'm considering providing it in bulk next year. I'm not allowed to sell anything here, or invite anyone to the other forum, so please don't ask.

I made this thread, to simply point other RU58841 users in the right direction.

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
Good thing finasteride works for me, i feel for the dudes who need this!! I'm gonna start searching too.

zayin

Established Member
Reaction score
NO...it doesn't grow hair for most! It is, at best, as effective as finasteride. How many pics of finasteride success have you seen? Not that many.... even castrated men dont grow that much hair...it's no miracle cure....just a good anti-androgen

Nevis

Reaction score
Enden
Great stuff. How'd this come across your radar?

I'd be interested to know how much you mixed up, and how well it stayed mixed. I'd love to be able to mix up larger batches than the current weekly mixes.

Also, and perhaps most importantly, does this show some action on Aventis' part? Trying to make this topical a safe topical for the general public? Given that this is just an application, not an issued patent, and that it references two really old German applications, seems to indicate a renewed focus? But does Aventis still own stake in Prostrakan? And does Prostrakan even still own stake in the Patent (5411981)? Looks like I have some homework...

I should note, so that people don't go crazy bugging you to get the BASF compounds, that the simple test they report at the end of the patent, shows that the simple RU solutions do work for scalp permeation. Maybe not as well, or with not as much of the ingredients put onto your scalp making it to the follicle, instead becoming condensates on your scalp and flaking off, in minute pieces, but still comprising an environmental release of teratogenic substances, but they do permeate.

Anyway, you can keep using those so long as you're supremely careful not to expose pregnant women to your research. Same precaution you should all be taking if you're splitting finasteride or dutasteride pills.

Ende

Reaction score
I came across this when I was searching for RU58841 patents.

The drug dissolves instantly, and completely in the KB5 solution. The solution should be good for at least 6 months in room temperature. The vehicle should be good for at least 2 years.

BeauH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quote from the patent;

It's a total of 4 new RU58841 solutions; 0.5%, 1%, 2% and 5%. I'm posting the 2- and 5% solutions only. These have the same ingredients, but at different ratios. The percentage amounts stated are based on the total weight of the solution. The solutions are prepared by dissolving the various components in water, which means that you begin with water, and add everything else to it. The drug should be added when the vehicle is prepared.

Formula - 2% solution

- 54% Demineralized water
- 40% Ethanol (96%)
- 2% Polyethoxylated hydrogenated castor oil (BASF Cremophor RH 410)
- 2% Vinylimidazolium methochloride/vinylpyrrolidone copolymer (BASF Luviquat FC 550)
- 2% RU58841

Formula - 5% solution

- 27% Demineralized water
- 63% Ethanol (96%)
- 2.5% Polyethoxylated hydrogenated castor oil (BASF Cremophor RH 410)
- 2.5% Vinylimidazolium methochloride/vinylpyrrolidone copolymer (BASF Luviquat FC 550)
- 5% RU58841
hello. can you tell me where you can buy cremophor rh 410? My email is kb24crazylaker@gmail.com