Rolling The Way To A Rejuvenated Pate-success With Dermarolling After Dropping dutasteride, Estro And spironolactone

scaredabouthair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is an incredible success story once again. Nobody can deny the importance of needling now. And to imagine that needling was downplayed/unknown only a few years ago...

Also amazing that fina, duta and even hardcore tranny drugs like estradiol and spironolactone didn't work for you BUT the minoxidil/needling combo did. Incredible.

Btw, some questions so we understand your needling regimen:

You needled every week right and minoxidil every night.

- What needle depth?

- What did you use to needle?

- Did you apply minoxidil even on days you needled?

- After how many months of the minoxidil/needling combo did you notice improvement, less shedding, etc?

I used 2.5mm for a bloody time every weekend and a slight 1mm roll right before minoxidil application everyday. I saw meagre results around a month after and noticeable by december beginning. I did NOT use minoxidil on the day after the 2.5mm session

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's actually very interesting, how do we know during the original studies that they used the most effective routine?

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
those are some great results. Can't really believe no finasteride or dutasteride.. very nice

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil must of went systemic? did you feel your heart race after applying minoxidil?

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is legitimate than your progress looks great for just 4 months and without having to use all the previous medications.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have any shedding of weak hair after a few weeks or a month or so of this microneedling routine?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say I have been a veteran at this war. 2014 was back when I first ignored the spectre of an impending disaster and chose to disregard it as an overthought. A few months into 2015, it had started to be a losing battle and I had gotten to a diffused NW2.5 without realizing. However, thanks to this forum, I got hold of the minoxidil and finasteride with meagre results for a few months. The notion of dermarolling having any efficacy was at its nascent stage at the time so I did order and try for a few weeks but never attributed it to my eventual resounding success immediately after assuming it was just the finasteride. 4 years rolled by, every now and then I would view new thinning spots or signs of diffuse.

In 2018, I noticed I was thinning rapidly upto the entire NW8. I freaked out and got on the Dutasteride train (living in India, the generic drugs are dirt cheap and pharmacies don't demand prescription). Placeboed on this efficacy for a while and then noticing a further recession, I decided to speculate through a DHT blood test.
The result: Dutasteride-100% Ineffective
View attachment 135566
Freaking out on the ground I had lost and to avoid further sheds, I started looking at stronger alternatives and in haste decided to get on estradiol and spironolactone. Despite the initial results (not even mentioning the myriad of side effects), by september-2019, my hair had gotten completely diffuse with a massive bald spot on the right side. Needless to say, I dropped estradiol and spironolactone after several shitposting sessions on this forum.

Sep-2019, I decided to drop everything, huge risk, but baldness seemed imperative on my hitherto regime, and stuck to only dermarolling every weekend and minoxidil once a night, ruminating that somehow that was what caused the initial success at all.

Jan-2020, My hair is nearly at its juvenile density, there is good coverage even under wet flashlight and I have vellus hairs upto my juvenile hairline.

Dermarolling is the cure if done right.
Weird that duta didnt lower your serum DHT levels. What was the name of the generic duta?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say I have been a veteran at this war. 2014 was back when I first ignored the spectre of an impending disaster and chose to disregard it as an overthought. A few months into 2015, it had started to be a losing battle and I had gotten to a diffused NW2.5 without realizing. However, thanks to this forum, I got hold of the minoxidil and finasteride with meagre results for a few months. The notion of dermarolling having any efficacy was at its nascent stage at the time so I did order and try for a few weeks but never attributed it to my eventual resounding success immediately after assuming it was just the finasteride. 4 years rolled by, every now and then I would view new thinning spots or signs of diffuse.

In 2018, I noticed I was thinning rapidly upto the entire NW8. I freaked out and got on the Dutasteride train (living in India, the generic drugs are dirt cheap and pharmacies don't demand prescription). Placeboed on this efficacy for a while and then noticing a further recession, I decided to speculate through a DHT blood test.
The result: Dutasteride-100% Ineffective
View attachment 135566
Freaking out on the ground I had lost and to avoid further sheds, I started looking at stronger alternatives and in haste decided to get on estradiol and spironolactone. Despite the initial results (not even mentioning the myriad of side effects), by september-2019, my hair had gotten completely diffuse with a massive bald spot on the right side. Needless to say, I dropped estradiol and spironolactone after several shitposting sessions on this forum.

Sep-2019, I decided to drop everything, huge risk, but baldness seemed imperative on my hitherto regime, and stuck to only dermarolling every weekend and minoxidil once a night, ruminating that somehow that was what caused the initial success at all.

Jan-2020, My hair is nearly at its juvenile density, there is good coverage even under wet flashlight and I have vellus hairs upto my juvenile hairline.

Dermarolling is the cure if done right.

few question about dermarolling if you don't mind, did you use a roller or a stamp? and how long each session is for you?
also, where do you get a 2.5mm roller? I can't even find a 2.mm one

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s a good question, I’ve heard of some people dermarolling for 20-30min while others stroke like 10-20times. What was your method?