Rogaine?

gr8ful1117

Reaction score
I'm reading that women who use Rogaine are getting acne and facial hair...is that true for everyone????? I'm already getting acne from peri-menopause..never had acne in my life til now at 42. UGH! I certainly don't want facial hair too!

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the answer is kinda yes and no in that the way rogaine works is by making hair grow but it doesn't know head hair from body hair, but it doesn't necessarily cause significant body hair growth growth on everyone though
if you ever wondered why women get the 2% solution and men get 5% is because women are usually more receptive to minoxidil and also of this hairiness is more of a problem with women
the problem is when you apply it inevitably it will get into your bloodstream and grow the other hair on your body
as far as the acne goes, i have personally found i have less acne on my scalp when i started minoxidil but i don't know about anyone else
saying that i don't want to discourage you from rogaine
if you find yourself with excessive hairiness you can either

1)use less minoxidil, unfortunately this also means less beneficial results

2)hair removal cream, the hairiness will be manageable, it won't turn you into chewbacca we call it veet in the uk idk what it's called in the us, i would opt for the "sensitive skin" one though

saying that not everyone has noticeable hairiness on minoxidil

Azalea

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I quit minoxidil after 1 year of using it (Ive also used it before in mu life once). The results were drastic. I started loosing an incredible about of hair - so much that you could see my scalp.
Unfortunately I made the biggest mistake of my life and started again as I was really really depressed & scared and could not take the shedding anymore.
My hair loss increased again at first (like i t does when you start miox) and then regulated itself. However Ive decided that I do not want to be a salve of this drug my whole life, plus was growing a lot of facial hair & I am trying to have a baby.
So I decided to quit it about 1 month ago.
No I have HUGE shedding again. Its SO SO SO hard to stick this out, but I'm going to be strong this time.
I think minoxidil should be forbidden, and when doctors prescribe it they should not fail to mention how you become addicted and that it WILL cause you so much more harm then good.

My advice: STAY AWAY FROM minoxidil!

Even if it 'seems' like it works, it will get the best of you at one point or another. And if you are on it QUIT (not cold turkey, but very gradually)

And one more thing: I know there is the debate on weather your 'healthy' hair becomes dependent on minoxidil or now.
My doctor said no.
I know better:

YES! It does 100%. It will cause your unhealthy & healthy hair to fall out for 3 - 4 month after you quit. This is the most difficult time of my life.
I guess it helped being able to to share this.