Rogaine?

ksejr1

Reaction score
I"m new here. I'm 26years old. I've been noticing hair loss since i was 12years old. But now, it's noticale to me, and maybe others. I have no medical insurance and was wondering if I should just go ahead and try Rogaine. My hair loss isn't at the top of my head, it's on the sides of my head instead, and I have not read anything yet about women lossing hair in that area. Can anyone help me with that? I've been to a doctor once a long time ago and my thyroid was fine, all blood test were normal. I also am very bad at eating a healthy diet, I eat a lot of fast food and was wondering if a diet change will make a difference. Need advice, hope to hear from someone soon. :oops:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
ksejr1 said:
I"m new here. I'm 26years old. I've been noticing hair loss since i was 12years old. But now, it's noticale to me, and maybe others. I have no medical insurance and was wondering if I should just go ahead and try Rogaine.

Rogaine may help, yes. My biggest concern is what tests were done. Would you be able to get the list of tests and post them here so we can make sure everything that *should* have been checked, was checked?

You may wish to start by checking out our Guide to Women's hair loss. There is a list of tests that should be done on every woman experiencing hair loss, to begin the process of elimination and determining what may be causing it. You can see that list on this page:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/women/step2wom.htm

HairLossTalk.com

ksejr1

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
ksejr1 said:
I"m new here. I'm 26years old. I've been noticing hair loss since i was 12years old. But now, it's noticale to me, and maybe others. I have no medical insurance and was wondering if I should just go ahead and try Rogaine.

Rogaine may help, yes. My biggest concern is what tests were done. Would you be able to get the list of tests and post them here so we can make sure everything that *should* have been checked, was checked?

You may wish to start by checking out our Guide to Women's hair loss. There is a list of tests that should be done on every woman experiencing hair loss, to begin the process of elimination and determining what may be causing it. You can see that list on this page:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/women/step2wom.htm

HairLossTalk.com

I did the testing about 4-5 years ago, but the one i remember is my thyroid test and it came out normal. I never went back because my insurance ran out and can not afford it now. I have been taking rogain for 2 months now, I don't think its helping yet and i know it takes time, but i am noticing hair other places like my ears and side of face. Does this mean that it will work for me? Do women lose hair completely like men do?? :roll:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
ksejr1 said:
I have been taking rogain for 2 months now, I don't think its helping yet and i know it takes time, but i am noticing hair other places like my ears and side of face. Does this mean that it will work for me? Do women lose hair completely like men do?? :roll:
Are you using Rogaine for Men 5% or the Rogaine for Women 2%?

Try to give it at least 6-8 months before you expect results, and do your best to stick to the 2x daily applications. Women typically see diffuse thinning, versus going completely bald, but it depends entirely upon what type of hair loss you have. Unfortunately, most doctors out there are not educated enough to make an accurate diagnosis. If the facial hair becomes problematic, consider transferring to Tricomin Therapy spray, or applying rogaine 1x per day and tricomin in place of the 2nd rogaine application.

HairLossTalk.com

ksejr1

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
ksejr1 said:
I have been taking rogain for 2 months now, I don't think its helping yet and i know it takes time, but i am noticing hair other places like my ears and side of face. Does this mean that it will work for me? Do women lose hair completely like men do?? :roll:
Are you using Rogaine for Men 5% or the Rogaine for Women 2%?

Try to give it at least 6-8 months before you expect results, and do your best to stick to the 2x daily applications. Women typically see diffuse thinning, versus going completely bald, but it depends entirely upon what type of hair loss you have. Unfortunately, most doctors out there are not educated enough to make an accurate diagnosis. If the facial hair becomes problematic, consider transferring to Tricomin Therapy spray, or applying rogaine 1x per day and tricomin in place of the 2nd rogaine application.

HairLossTalk.com

Yes i am being patient on waiting for some months on seeing any results. And i do apply it twice daily. Do women see diffuse thinning all over or certain parts?? What is Tricomin Therapy spray and where can i get it if i decide to try that later on??

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
ksejr1 said:
Do women see diffuse thinning all over or certain parts?? What is Tricomin Therapy spray and where can i get it if i decide to try that later on??
It depends on the type of hair loss you have. If you've got androgenetic alopecia, the kind that may more likely respond to antiandrogenic treatments like spironolactone or Revivogen, its typically diffuse thinning. Patchy loss is alopecia areata and is typically the result of an immune response attacking the follicles. My girlfriend had this type of hair loss from birth control pills:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/photogallery/pgcarol3.htm

Our Online Product Center carries Tricomin and several other products we have handpicked that we feel comfortable recommending to our users.
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/progs/produ ... efault.php
The downsite is that you'll only find a handful of products there, but we do this because we want quality, not quantity, and have no interest in making an extra profit off of selling snake oils to our users.

HairLossTalk.com