rogaine timing, is this enough time for proper absorption?

nate2004

Reaction score
ok so right now my schedule is i get ready for class and all which includes applying minoxidil around 8... got class at 9...

then i have a break in classes when i go to the gym and workout and then shower again after that...

so basically i apply the minoxidil at 8... and then shower 3 hours after that... is that enough time for absorption or should i wait until after i shower after the workout to apply it?

Goingat20

Reaction score
have a look into dr lee's minoxidil, or genhairs minoxidil. It only needs to stay on for an hour then you can wash it out. So it fits in perfectly with your lifestyle

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
really?? ive been using dr lee's minoxidil, but i usually leave it in my hair for a long time. so an hour is ok?

Goingat20

Reaction score
From what ive heard an hour is enough. Maybe someone else could confirm this

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
rogaine website recommend at least 4hours. most of the minoxidil is absorbed by around 1-2hours. so it should be fine if you wash your hair after 3hours mark. there should be very little to lose.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
For me, the itching associated with Rogaine vanishes within the 3-hour mark. I'm certain that the majority of minoxidil is metabolized within a short period of time, well before the 4-hour mark.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
For me, the itching associated with Rogaine vanishes within the 3-hour mark. I'm certain that the majority of minoxidil is metabolized within a short period of time, well before the 4-hour mark.

Isn't the itching typically due to the PPG? I don't think your reason for assuming minoxidil is absorbed that quickly is valid, however that doesn't mean it isn't. From what I understand they recomment you keep your sclp dry for 4 hours to avoid overabsorption of the minoxidil as well as to allow it to "fully" absorb. If you work out and get a sweaty scalp more of the remaining minoxidil will easily absorb into your scalp so your 2+ hours of drying plus a a little time sweaty may actually get you better absorption that 4 hours dry. It depends on how much you sweat, of course, among other things. I personally wouldn't worry about it.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Private Ryan said:
rogaine website recommend at least 4hours. most of the minoxidil is absorbed by around 1-2hours. so it should be fine if you wash your hair after 3hours mark. there should be very little to lose.

Thats rogain. Dr Lee's recommends an hour