Rogaine/Regaine vs Kirkland

mr_misterr

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between Rogaine/Regaine & Kirkland minoxidil?
The reason i'm asking is because i started to use Regaine about 6 months ago and after the first month of use, I noticed fine vellous hairs around the hairline which i was excited about. I continued using it for the 2nd month and the hairs grew darker but the only downside was the £30 a month i needed to pay at the pharmacy.
I then come across this site and noticed people using Kirkland minoxidil which they claimed is basically the same as Regaine but considerably cheaper. I naturally ordered Kirkland through Ebay which gave me 4 bottles for £22 which i though was amazing. The feedback of the seller on Ebay made me trust this brand and it looked genuine when it arrived. I continued using Kirkland for the 3rd & 4th month but the vellous hairs i had grown did not improve at all. My hair all round seem worser and it made me think it was the Kirkland. I then decided to go back to Regaine and after a month my vellous hairs grew darker and and new hairs started sprouting.
So is Kirkland less effective or did I get a dud batch?
Would love to hear others comments.
Thanks

westcovinajoe

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I have read and seen photos of, Kirkland is actually made in the same factory as Rogaine, and then just re-branded as Kirkland for sale in Costco here in the USA.

So I would say maybe the sales person on EBAY is bad or maybe a bad batch???

Not sure, but I have always heard that Kirkland is the same Minoxidil.

Good Luck!

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
My experience is that the US generic minoxidil offerings are just as good as name-brand Rogaine. I've used both extensively. I can't vouch for the overseas formulations because I have not tried them, nor do I have a reason or desire to do so.

I use generic minoxidil which I source from WalMart. WalMart is the last place I like to be, but at less than $20 per 3 month supply, their Equate brand is difficult to pass up.

I'd hesitate buying any hair growth treatment from eBay, but that's my opinion.

mr_misterr said:
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between Rogaine/Regaine & Kirkland minoxidil?
The reason i'm asking is because i started to use Regaine about 6 months ago and after the first month of use, I noticed fine vellous hairs around the hairline which i was excited about. I continued using it for the 2nd month and the hairs grew darker but the only downside was the £30 a month i needed to pay at the pharmacy.
I then come across this site and noticed people using Kirkland minoxidil which they claimed is basically the same as Regaine but considerably cheaper. I naturally ordered Kirkland through Ebay which gave me 4 bottles for £22 which i though was amazing. The feedback of the seller on Ebay made me trust this brand and it looked genuine when it arrived. I continued using Kirkland for the 3rd & 4th month but the vellous hairs i had grown did not improve at all. My hair all round seem worser and it made me think it was the Kirkland. I then decided to go back to Regaine and after a month my vellous hairs grew darker and and new hairs started sprouting.
So is Kirkland less effective or did I get a dud batch?
Would love to hear others comments.
Thanks

westcovinajoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I never thought of looking for Minoxidil at Wal Mart! I will now thanks!

As to not liking to spend time there, if you mean the customers, yes they tend to be loud and obnoxious with 3 kids per cart. If you mean Wal Mart's business practices remember,

DON'T HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME.

Wal Mart just plays the game better than the rest of us, if we don't like it we should change the rules, not complain.

My 2 cents, but thanks for the tip!!!

Joe.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Actually, I meant the customers, narrow aisles, runaway carts in the parking lot dinging my car, and general mayhem.

As a side note, I do like to patronize smaller businesses when I can. In my city, the independent pharmacy is extinct...so my $ goes to the big chains when I need a prescription. On some other things, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks to support a mom 'n pop. WalMart does play the game better, like you said, but small business employees more of us than WalMart ever will. Indeed, WalMart was once a small business.

westcovinajoe said:
As to not liking to spend time there, if you mean the customers, yes they tend to be loud and obnoxious with 3 kids per cart. If you mean Wal Mart's business practices remember,

DON'T HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME.

Wal Mart just plays the game better than the rest of us, if we don't like it we should change the rules, not complain.
Joe.