Rogaine problem!

sl77

Reaction score
I started using Rogaine few days ago, and my problem is, after the first two days, I experienced problems with it.

After I applied the Rogaine to the vertex area for at least 4 hours (which is recommed by them), I still feel very itchy and the scalp turns a little red. And the wrost thing is, there are some white/yellowish small residue left on the area where I applied them. And also, there are yellowish liquid keep come out from my scalp all day long.

I just want to know if anyone suffer this problem too, and want to know if this is normal and should I stop using it?

I have just order some Tricomin products and Folligen Lotion, and tend to use them together with Rogaine and hope it can improve the problem. Did anyone try this kind of combination before? or any other suggestion?

Thanks,
SL77

SE-freak

Reaction score
I think your problem is propylene glycol, the vehicle substance in Rogaine. There are versions of minoxidil solutions that lack this irritant or have lower concentrations of it(ppg causes severe irritation to raughly 10% of users ).

Check out Dr.Lee's PPG free minoxidil or Genhair products.

Welcome onboard.

sl77

Reaction score
How about NanoSal Minoxidil? Anybody use them before? They said they are alcohol & PPG free Minoxidil.

SL77

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
For me my initial minoxidil irritation subsided somewhat. My scalp still hates the crap, but it isn't as bad as the first few weeks. I also find that using the American Crew CP solution helps with the irritation.