Rogaine once-a-day foam application with pics

inktomei

Reaction score
Hi all,

I started Propecia almost 2 years ago and had recently added Rogaine Foam to the mix. I started that about 3 months ago and been applying Rogaine foam once a day(at night) everyday for the past 3 months, and here is the result.

Image dated 3-10-2007. Dry hair.
dryhairnoflashbefore1strogaineuse2.jpg

Image dated 6-3-2007. Dry hair.
100_2654.jpg

Image dated 7-8-2007. Dry hair.
100_2684.jpg

From the above photos the result isn't obvious. But take a look at the comparison with the hair combed back:

Dated 4-5-2007. Post rogaine foam application. Combed back.
100_2319.jpg

Dated 6-2-2007. Post rogaine foam application. combed back.
100_2656.jpg

Dated 7-8-2007. Post rogaine foam application. combed back.
100_2697-1.jpg

Dated 9-21-2007. Post Rogaine foam application. Combed back.
100_3024-1.jpg

Keep in mind that I've only been applying the foam once a day at half a cupful each time. I was lazy and didn't want to have to do that in the morning, so opted for once-a-day application. This foam stuff WORKS!

Death

Reaction score
Man!!! this sooooo gives me HOPE .. thanks alot man for showing this before and after pics.

How old are you and did propecia do anything for you?

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
you are one of the very few "ultra" responders.

If I were you, I'd do the foam twice a day, there's no reason not to, it dries almost instantly.

Start doing it twice a day and really blow your mind in a year! You'll have Brad Pitt hair :shock:

inktomei

Reaction score
Death said:
Man!!! this sooooo gives me HOPE .. thanks alot man for showing this before and after pics.

How old are you and did propecia do anything for you?

Hahah! Not a problem, I just wanted to show that the foam does work. And I'm now 31 years old and you can see my initial progress with propecia here (actually proscar split into 5ths): http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=24516&highlight=

Finish Line: Thanks. I don't think I'll ever have Brad Pitt hair, but at least I know I can keep mine for awhile lol.

T

Timi

minoxidil

He have black Hairs

Why minoxidil works with black Hairs better??

when i see Success Pictures to 95% black Hairs

i am Blond Hairs- 7Month Foam
strong shedding- Hairs look ill and very thin
Hair such as straw
more badly than before

Timi

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Re: minoxidil

Timi said:
He have black Hairs

Hair such as straw
more badly than before

Timi

dietcola has blondish brown hair and minoxidil is working for him.

G

What a success, really makes me optimistic.

Though, I have just seen that you are a very good finasteride responder as well. How much of your success would you contribute to which treatment? I mean, for me finasteride did nothing, only slowed it down a bit. Hopefully this doesn´t mean that I won´t be a good minoxidil responder either.

Btw. if you started earlier you definetly might have Brad Pitt hair!

G

Re: minoxidil

Timi said:
He have black Hairs

Hair such as straw
more badly than before

Timi

Well, most people have dark hair, so it is normal to see more success stories with dark hair.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
What a success, really makes me optimistic.

Though, I have just seen that you are a very good finasteride responder as well. How much of your success would you contribute to which treatment? I mean, for me finasteride did nothing, only slowed it down a bit. Hopefully this doesn´t mean that I won´t be a good minoxidil responder either.

Btw. if you started earlier you definetly might have Brad Pitt hair!

Why arnt you on minoxidil already?

inktomei

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Though, I have just seen that you are a very good finasteride responder as well. How much of your success would you contribute to which treatment? I mean, for me finasteride did nothing, only slowed it down a bit.

finasteride did reverse my hairloss visibly as evidenced by the pictures you can find in the link above. But a few months ago I noticed my hair was thinning noticebly again, that's when I jumped on minoxidil. If anything finasteride definitely did slow down my hairloss.

cheers.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
inktomei said:
Taugenichts said:
Though, I have just seen that you are a very good finasteride responder as well. How much of your success would you contribute to which treatment? I mean, for me finasteride did nothing, only slowed it down a bit.

finasteride did reverse my hairloss visibly as evidenced by the pictures you can find in the link above. But a few months ago I noticed my hair was thinning noticebly again, that's when I jumped on minoxidil. If anything finasteride definitely did slow down my hairloss.

cheers.

why are you using minoxidil just 1 a day rather than the recommended 2?

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
I may start the foam just because of this post. I just cannot afford another shed. I shed on finasteride and have not yet recovered. I think I will start in a small area and see how it goes.

inktomei

Reaction score
gsxr60097 said:
I may start the foam just because of this post. I just cannot afford another shed. I shed on finasteride and have not yet recovered. I think I will start in a small area and see how it goes.

I still shed from the foam, but just not as much these days. If you do start the foam, the important thing is to not obsess over how many hair you're losing at each application. Stick with the routine and take pictures.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
JonA said:
sorry guys,, but the pictures are sooo fake.

Why do you say that???? The forward combing of hair can really conceal alot of hairloss. Keeping it very clean is key too. I can almost positively say the pics are real. I am worse than he is and can pull off still looking like I have a some amount of hair. Enough to not buzz yet. My hairline is just broken. that is all that is keeping me from the clippers.

JonA

Reaction score
I can tell because i am very good at using software to manipulate/edit photos,...

the photos taken from the front of the head, are very similar, and hair density is very similar. The shots taken when the hair is brushed back look way too fake, as 1)the shots from the front dont seem to be enuf hair to make that much of a difference 2) It looks very much like they have used the clone tool to make the hair look more dense....

inktomei

Reaction score
Oh, I'm so surprised someone pointed out that I posted fake pics. So smart!! I took pleasures in making fake rogaine-foam-induced hair growth before-after pictures to give everyone here false hope.

Finasteride and rogaine never really worked for anyone. All the successes you see here are really <cough> just people faking it.... sorry, we're just a bunch of losers. Now leave us alone.