Rogaine/Minoxidil Expiration Date

zeus

Reaction score
I picked up some Rogaine about a year and a half ago but did not use it, instead opting to take dutasteride. I'm considering adding Rogaine to my regimen now for additional regrowth purposes. However, the Rogaine I bought back then has since 'expired' (per the expiration date printed on the box).

Will my Rogaine/Minoxidil still be effective even though it 'expired' about a year ago? I'm wondering whether I can use the Minoxidil I have or whether I have to buy a newer non-expired product.

I haven't heard too much talk to Rogaine efficacy pre/post expiration date and wanted to hear what the Rogaine user community's experiences with this are.

dek

Reaction score
yeah, i asked this question about a month ago because i was sitting on some older minoxidil as well. everyone told me it shouldnt be an issue so i went ahead and started on it. its only been three weeks into it and im shedding noticeably, so i imagine its doing its job. other responces would be better help however

beaner

Reaction score
Guys, I've been using minoxidil for years and have many times used bottles well past the expiration date with no problems. The last 2 bottles I've used have been expired since last year some time and I've noticed no difference in effectiveness and am seeing regrowth from it. I believe I've read somewhere that it would take several years before minoxidil would degrade enough to have an impact on its efficacy and even then it would still be usable.

beaner

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Maybe it seperates a little?

I give my bottle a good shake everytime I use it.

Yes..actually, I believe I've heard that actually can happen after a while, I haven't noticed but I usually shake mine out of habit whether it be a new bottle or expired one.