Rogaine Extra Stength and lightheadedness

Darrenboy

Reaction score
Has any one experienced lightheadedness from using Extra Strength Rogaine???..I believe it is from Telogen Effluvium Rogaine..I am going to stop it for a weeek and use NU Hair thinning serum instread of the Rogaine..I need to use something..Hopefully the lightheadedness will go away...if not than it can't be the Rogaine....

reyn

Reaction score
I too have experienced short spells of light headedness - must be the alcohol base in Rogaine? These spells occur infrequently (say once a week) and last for a minute or two. At worst it feels (to me) like a mild case of hangover.

zossima

Reaction score
Hi there

wonder if you can help me, i would really apreciated since i'm very worried.

I'm worried... rogaine as done wonders for me and i don't want to stop!!

I'm feeling dizzy for some time now, and i don't know if it is because of rogaine or not. I'm also on a tryciclic anti-depressive that it can cause dizziness as a side effect.

i've stop several times the minoxdil for 3 days 5 days and 6 days in a row and still felt dizzy,

so i think it is not rogaine the cause of the dizziness, but can't be sure!!

I'm constantly dizzy, it's not bouts, it is a permenant feeling...

what about you?? did you stoped feeling dizzy right after you stoped using minoxdil?? or did it took more than 5 days to go away?

did you feel alwyas dizzy?? or did it apear in bouts of short term stokes??

did you had other side effects along with dizziness, like low blood pressure?

thanks for reading this, it would mean allot if you could share your experience

lordsam

Reaction score
At the end of the day minoxidil was designed to lower blood pressure, and in high strength formulas even when used topically, enough can be obsorbed through the skin to have this effect. If you did not experience dizziness prior to taking minoxidil then you can be almost 100% sure it is the minoxidil which is causing this. (Not the alcohol like some imbecile mentioned earlier) We seem to have blind faith in all that is put to us by modern medicine but you have to be sceptical when there are companies who make alot of money from selling minoxidil to us and they seem to be the ones who are telling us it is safe. It has to be remembered that you are altering your bodies natural state when you lower your blood pressure and this can have adverse effects for some people but not necessarily everyone. So if you are feeling unwell from taking minoxidil then you have to do what your body is telling you and stop the treatment. I also experienced dizziness from using minoxidil and felt rather unwell for 6 to 8 weeks after with regular dizziness and heart palpitations. I recommend that you go to see your doctor if your symptoms persist and have your blood pressure taken. Good luck and i hope your symptoms go away :)

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Sounds like overabsorbtion. Is your scalp completely dry when you apply the minoxidil?

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yep, this happend to me for almost a month, usually when im laying down i felt like world turning upside down, it went away after few months though

zossima

Reaction score
Hello, I've send this message to lordsam, but i'll put it out in the open, maybe more people can help me and be helped by this information.

thanx for tour anwser.

but can i ask you something:

did you felt dizzy and heart palpitations for 6 to 8 weeks after you stop minoxidil or while you where applying it??

i've used rogaine 5% for 1 year and 8 months with ou any side effects i even used to put it on with a damp scalp...

and i began to feel dizzy from a bad experience with an tryciclic antidepressive that i was taking at the same time i was using minoxidil, i'm stil taking the antidepressive, but lowering the dosage every month...

i'm just not absolutly sure that rogaine has nothing to do with this stange feeling in my head... it might be rogaine or the antidepressive... i don't know!

but one thing is sure: i don't feel worst after applying rogaine, sometimes i even feel better since i put it only at night and my heart beat and blood pressure are completly normal.

It would mean allot if you can help me,
thank very much once again.

kind regards, vasco.