Rogaine causing me to lose more hair???

Rozzy252

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello....I'm finding that since I've been using the Rogaine ( going on 6 weeks). its increased my hair loss drastically. I'm panicking because I can see scalp now. I have my wedding in October and would like to know it this is a normal faze of Rogaine or should I stop it right away???? Please let me know what you think....your responses are needed.....
thank you,
anaismith@hotmail.com 8O

Rapunzel

Reaction score
i have heard that its totally normal to lose hair when you first start rogain, i dont know for how long it is normal for though. are you using 2% or 5%? I JUST started using the 5%, (like yesterday) and i was reading the thing that came with it, and that said that it will increase hairloss for 2 weeks, but if your hair continues to fall out after those 2 weeks you should stop using it and see a doctor.
so, i dont know. have you ever seen a doctor for your hair loss? if you havent, you probably should. i remember reading in this website actually that for some types of hair loss rogain may actually make it worse. so if you havent seen a doctor you really should. :)
Good luck! Let us know what happens.

totaldispHAIR

Established Member
Reaction score
Check out the past posts on this site as well as http://www.keratin.com. I have seen a lot of posts about people losing more hair when they start using Rogaine. Others' responses may give you more insight.

I'm still researching before I start to use it...I can't afford to lose more hair!

Good luck.