Rogaine 5% experience

faysals

Reaction score
For those who used Rogaine 5% or 2% alone for hairloss ..can u tell about ur experiece for the following qs.

1-ur age?
2- what is ur hairloss situation befor using Rogaine?
3-how long did u used it ?
4-when did u notice regrowth (for example first month , second moth....etc)?
5-how much regrowth did u get ?
6- is that regrowth u got stisfay u ?

Thanks,

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil (Rogaine) alone will not stop the balding process, it may give you some additional growth in the first 1 or 2 years, but after that you will most probably start to thin/recede once more.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Radio said:
Minoxidil (Rogaine) alone will not stop the balding process, it may give you some additional growth in the first 1 or 2 years, but after that you will most probably start to thin/recede once more.

I've reduced my minoxidil application to once a day for just this reason... (especially since my hair has now started to regrow like weeds.) :) This way there's always some room for a little bit of error. I'm also considering taking a few days or weeks off every once in a while, based on my progress. I honestly believe it's possible to overstimulate the follicles to the point of ineffectiveness.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
I've reduced my minoxidil application to once a day for just this reason... (especially since my hair has now started to regrow like weeds.) :)

If you reduce you applictions to once a day expect your results to taper off accordingly.

joseph49853 said:
. I'm also considering taking a few days or weeks off every once in a while, based on my progress. I honestly believe it's possible to overstimulate the follicles to the point of ineffectiveness.

Taking a few days or weeks off will undoubtedly lead to hair loss.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Radio said:
joseph49853 said:
I've reduced my minoxidil application to once a day for just this reason... (especially since my hair has now started to regrow like weeds.) :)

If you reduce you applictions to once a day expect your results to taper off accordingly..

In theory you're probably correct. But in practice, I must be the exception to the rule. I seem to require very little to get great results. In just two short months with a once daily application, my hairline has completely filled out, and is starting to grow thick... identical results to the twice daily application for the month previous.

Radio said:
Taking a few days or weeks off will undoubtedly lead to hair loss.

I'll let you know. I've already skipped a few days, and didn't notice any excess shedding.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I doubt very much you can go from a consitent twice a day application to a once a day with the occasional week off here and there and expect the same results.

Good Luck !

Keep us updated.

faysals

Reaction score
Any more guies to give answers to my questions.

joseph49853 what was ur experience with rogaine ?

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm at about 5.5 months on finasteride and minoxidil. I have diffuse thinning up top and am starting to reced up front.

So far I have had a bad shed and may be starting another one however I have a few observations that may or may not be good results.

I have tons of fuzzy Velus hair all along and into my thinning hairline. Some are over 1cm long. I have also seen some smaller pigmented hairs that were shed that had a long tapered portion that was considerably weaker than the body. I am talking like 1/2cm of velus like and then a cm or so of a thin, pigmented, and somewaht strong hair shaft. So it looks like it is having an effect on my hair.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just started it at 17 and noticed results at the end of the first month with terminal hairs growing on my temples on just once a day.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
faysals said:
Any more guies to give answers to my questions.

joseph49853 what was ur experience with rogaine ?

My experience with generic 5% minoxidil has been pretty darned excellent. Immediately in my first month, vellus hair starting popping up in places where Finasteride had no noticeable effect... mostly at my hairline, near the temples. Soon after, these hairs became pigmented and started to thicken and grow in length. Now at the start of my fourth month and the progress is remarkable. I literally needed a haircut because my old style no longer looked good with the new growth. I haven't been this overall thick on top in around 5-6 years.

So while Finasteride worked great in maintaining my hair and *slowly* regrowing hair, I believe minoxidil has the capability to give clear results in a very short time.