Rogain 5% as maintenance?

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have been using propecia for a little over a year and rogaine 5% since July of this year. Since using rogaine I have noticed hair growth where I am slightly receding.
Propecia has not done anything noticeable, except maybe slowed hairloss, even that I cant be sure. I am 23 years old and propecia costs a lot of money; do you guys think I would be safe in using rogaine 5% as my only maintenance product? Or am I being stupid thinking about dropping a DHT inhibitor? All I want to do is at least maintain what I have until I get married or something lol.

P.S-- I use Nizoral occasionally.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yep! as justlooking said, DHT and Propecia (finasteride) is the better course of action to take, if you use minoxidil (Rogaine) alone you are likely to see you results taper off after a couple of years or so and return increasingly smaller results.

If Propecia is costs too much money, use Proscar instead.

Proscar is 5mg of finasteride.

Propecia is 1mg of finasteride.

They are the very same drug in two different doses, both made by Merck, I, like many, buy Proscar and chop it into 5 pieces, my yearly cost for 1mg daily dose of finasteride works out at around £70 (around $125 USD a year)[/i]