RIKEN Announcement: Succeeded in Developing Tech for HF Regenerative Medicine: Study to be Published Feb 10

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
In your previous post you said gene editing will be preventative for hair loss and you will still need cloning.
It can't make you taller, it can't get you hair back, so what can it do?
Yes because companies are going to research and shell out money for prevention (ie the ongoing cure forever), rather then growing hair for 20~ year old NW5/6/7s that make up a very small percentage of the hairloss sufferers. I never said it couldn't be done, it just won't be where the focus is to start off when we have such low hanging fruit like AR gene expression that can be knocked down with mRNA. Growth will probably have to be achieved by a more old-school drug/small molecule first then maintained with mRNA knockdown or eventually editing.

You could use gene editing on adults to correct basically anything imaginable that doesn't require a developmental state to achieve, like IQ, height, etc. Even those applications could eventually be sorted if they were able to find out how to reset cells to a developmental state, which is also being worked on quite heavily.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even those applications could eventually be sorted if they were able to find out how to reset cells to a developmental state, which is also being worked on quite heavily.
The only issue I see is how do we remodel an adult human without killing him? For example to raise an adult's IQ, you would have to remodel/rewire their brain. You obviously can't send the entire brain back to the developmental stage otherwise the person dies.

Height is not as complicated theoretically since you don't have to reverse anything, just make someone grow.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a painful surgery to become taller, but you probably know it already. I might do the cirurgy to correct my bowed legs in a recent future and maybe I will do the other surgery simultaneously if possible. + few centimeters. Kill 2 birds with on stone

Some of you guys need to learn how to approach a girl... Not everything is looks. I know it is hard to have high self esteem if you se ugly and short, but you need to learn a way to break the cycle of self pity and insecurity. Love yourself. You can't waste you entire life in a hope of a cure that might never come.

This world is big and filled with women from all shapes and personalities. It isn't possible that not a single person won't ever be attracted to you. I am ugly and short also, but I dated some hot young women than me just because I was a good company to some of them.

Bitching about looks and being insecure will kill your chance with any women.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only issue I see is how do we remodel an adult human without killing him? For example to raise an adult's IQ, you would have to remodel/rewire their brain. You obviously can't send the entire brain back to the developmental stage otherwise the person dies.

Height is not as complicated theoretically since you don't have to reverse anything, just make someone grow.
I feel like you're pictures like a cartoon shrink gun that would turn a person into a baby and back again or something. You absolutely can reset the state of cells/neurons to a younger and more healthy state. Height is probably one of the more impossible things to accomplish.

Either way, you're thinking about this incorrectly. The reason hairloss can be cured through these means is because we already know that the hair on our heads does not "die", and instead just doesn't enter the growth phase again because our own bodies are preventing the hair growth through feedback loops caused by stress/damage from DHT. Any edit wouldn't need to magically pretend that you are a genetic baby again to regrow hair, it would just be an edit that corrects the malfunction in the scalp and allows your natural hair to grow again in the same way that if you started taking transitory levels of estrogen you could grow back a lot of your lost hair. If you induce the effect that estrogen has without the actual estrogen but with rna expression, you get hair.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a painful surgery to become taller, but you probably know it already. I might do the cirurgy to correct my bowed legs in a recent future and maybe I will do the other surgery simultaneously if possible. + few centimeters. Kill 2 birds with on stone

Some of you guys need to learn how to approach a girl... Not everything is looks. I know it is hard to have high self esteem if you se ugly and short, but you need to learn a way to break the cycle of self pity and insecurity. Love yourself. You can't waste you entire life in a hope of a cure that might never come.

This world is big and filled with women from all shapes and personalities. It isn't possible that not a single person won't ever be attracted to you. I am ugly and short also, but I dated some hot young women than me just because I was a good company to some of them.

Bitching about looks and being insecure will kill your chance with any women.
it is enough to open the growth plates again and it will be possible to continue growing, there are already studies and even if I am not mistaken, it was possible to do it on an animal model
not everything, buddy, is done to please women, nice tall guys simply live better in society, a woman is just an addition to life, not its meaning, anyway, they will also benefit from this research because there are a lot of short, ugly ones with short limbs, obese, etc.if hair cloning ever occurs, you will see what kind of string of ladies is going to get new hair
so come on buddy do not write nonsense about acceptation about looking for an ugly mouse for which you will be the whole world, nothing more than appearance and youth in this world does not count about what you know well because what would you do in this forum?: D

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You absolutely can reset the state of cells/neurons to a younger and more healthy state
That wouldn't change their IQ though, that would just make their brain younger. You would have to remodel or rewire their brain to change their IQ, as in add more neurons, change the connections between neurons, find the perfect balance of grey vs white matter etc. Something like this in a live adult human would likely make you lose your memory at best, and kill you at worst.
Height is probably one of the more impossible things to accomplish.
Why would height be harder? I would say it's easier because you don't have to change anything, you only have to make the organism grow. Now after development your growth plates fuse so obviously you would have to un-fuse them or add new growth plates. Perhaps its as simple as tricking all the cells in your body that you are back in the growth phase of your life. Though I don't know much about developmental biology to comment on the complexity.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it is enough to open the growth plates again and it will be possible to continue growing, there are already studies and even if I am not mistaken, it was possible to do it on an animal model
not everything, buddy, is done to please women, nice tall guys simply live better in society, a woman is just an addition to life, not its meaning, anyway, they will also benefit from this research because there are a lot of short, ugly ones with short limbs, obese, etc.if hair cloning ever occurs, you will see what kind of string of ladies is going to get new hair
so come on buddy do not write nonsense about acceptation about looking for an ugly mouse for which you will be the whole world, nothing more than appearance and youth in this world does not count about what you know well because what would you do in this forum?: D
I have my own motives to be in this forum.

Well, I could argue with you, but go "live" your life. Live your only life in hope for technologies that may never come for you, afraid and limited by ppl's judgments over you. Succeeding in this world despite your shortcomings is not for everyone. I hope that cryogenics works for you.

Last edited: