Revivogen

Lee

Reaction score
Have any women used Revivogen? And does it work????

I'm an ex-Rogaine user but experienced severe chest pain from the Rogaine.

Nay

Reaction score
Revivogen user

I am a 25 year old female with Androgenetic Alopecia. I have been using Revivogen for 2 months now. I do not know at this point if it has helped. The number of hairs I lose a day is the same (around 25-75). The condition of my hair is a little shiner but not much different. However, my hair is still progressively thinning out diffusely over the top.

Ever since using the product, I have a lot of Revivogen buildup where I place it on my scalp causing flakes in my hair. I have tried to use less and to make sure it is slightly massaged in but I still have these orangish/brown flakes (it is annoying!) I use their Revivogen shampoo, Neutro T-GEL, and a dandriff shampoo to help with flaking but it is still there. It is not my scalp/skin that is flaking...it is the Revivogen product itself. I hope that it clears up with time.

I like that Revivogen helps to inhibit DHT and helps with regrowth but so far I do not see a real big difference. I took photos before so I am hoping that in 6 months that the flaking will clear up and that my hair will kick into the growth phase.

Please let me know any others experience with this product.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi Nay -

I too am on Revivogen and yes, the color is an issue. If you apply it two times per day the chance of flaking and irritation increases. My first question considering you are female is to ask if you are 100% certain you have androgenetic alopecia. May I ask if you had the proper bloodwork necessary to rule out any imbalances? The reason I ask is because sometimes doctors don't do much actual work. They tend to look, guess, and decree it as a fact, without doing the necessary diagnostic tests to accurately diagnose. (Don't get me started). In any case, the reason I also ask is because its important that you're using the right type of treatment for your hair loss. If you indeed do have androgen/DHT related hair loss, then Revivogen may help. At the same time, this type of male pattern hair loss / DHT problem is much less frequent in women than it is in men, so its important to get an accurate diagnosis.

I strongly suggest you incorporate a growth stimulant into your regimen if possible. It will be necessary to continue it to maintain any results you achieve, but nearly every women's hair loss regimen is recommended to contain a growth stimulant. My suggestion is Rogaine for Women or Tricomin Therapy Spray.

Even men who use *just* Revivogen are highly likely to only see a cessation of hair loss, versus actual regrowth, depending on how well they respond to the growth stimulating ingredients. As Dr. Lee always suggests, incorporate a growth stimulant into the regimen if you're just using a DHT inhibitor or Antiandrogen like spironolactone. Without it, the chances of seeing new growth can be slim. With treatments like these, you're primarily protecting your follicles from further degradation, not necessarily stimulating new growth, even though Revivogen does have some growth stimulating ingredients.

For those just trying to maintain, a growth stimulant isn't needed along with these types of treatments per se, but for those women who are not satisfied with their density, Rogaine or Tricomin are highly recommended.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

HairLossTalk.com

Nay

Reaction score
Revivogen and growth stimultant

I know it is important to add a proven growth stimulant to a hair regimen for someone with Androgenetic Alopecia. I use Revivogen and Tricomin to help. Should I equally alternate between Revivogen and Tricomin every week? Or should I use the Tricomin more days than the Revivogen a week? Any thoughts on how they should be used together?

Thank you,
Nay

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Nay -

Both Revivogen and Tricomin should be used once per day, daily. People typically use one in the morning and one at night. Keep in mind that the one you use at night will be washed off after 10 hours or so, whereas the one you use in the morning stays on all day and all night. If you want, you can use both in the morning. It wont be convenient or easy, but it will improve your chances of success.

HairLossTalk.com

Nay

Reaction score
Tricomin, Revivogen

Thank you for your post.

When you say that Revivogen & Tricomin should be used daily...do you mean washing my hair twice a day?

Or do you mean that I shampoo/condition once a day and use Revivogen topical scalp therapy (in the am) and Tricomin follicle spray (in the pm) alternating the topicals between am and pm?

I am concerned about using them at the same time because of the vitamin C in Revivogen and the copper in Tricomin. From doing research on the internet, I read that you do not want to combine copper with vitamin C. It will create reactive oxygen species (free radicals). They are harmful and can cause significant damage at the molecular level and are considered the main culprit in the aging process. They are neutralized by antioxidants.

Is there anyone you know of that uses both Revivogen/Tricomin at the same time? Any effects or changes from it? Right now, I am careful to use the products separately but if it would help my chances of success (which I need right now!), I might be willing to try but I'm not sure.

Thank you,
Nay

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Typically you use one in the morning one in the evening, showering once per day. The last thing you want to do with hair loss treatments is alternate and mix and match and fluctuate. Its best to stay consistent and stick to it closely, so pick one for the morning based upon other factors like hair styling or convenience, and use the other in the evening. I typically use the Revivogen in the morning because it gets all over my pillowcase if I use it at night. But it also makes my hair look really oily/greasy so ... its a tossup.

HairLossTalk.com

manny

Reaction score
Revivogen: and diagnosis

Can somebody comment on this please.

I have got all my blood work done, and the only thing found is increased free testosterone. Now I am taking Biotin, multivitamin,and Zinc supplement.I am also using Nizrol Shampoo every other day.

I want to use Revivogen as well. But Not sure if it is helpful for me. I am also working on my diet as I am under weight.

Anita1978

Reaction score
as the moderator says, Revivogen can only halt hair loss at best (I do take umbrage to the company calling it Revivogen actually, it doesn't 'revive' hair!) but at least its a product that has some scientific backing.

Add minoxidil (most popular brand name is rogaine, though you can get cheaper generics)

xxx

Honey

Reaction score
Revivogen is a topical formula made of natural active ingredients that have been scientifically proven to be the most potent anti-DHT compounds available today. It has no any side effects if you used it as directed. And the only side effect noted with the use of this product has been transient mild scalp irritation in less than 2% of users.