Review from a "Just Propecia" user!!

shandoli

Reaction score
OK...guys here I am...

You might remember me...I am 19 and kept asking questions about hairloss before starting Propecia to a point where it got a bit annoying.

So i figured enough of negativity...Just go for it..
This is how it went

Started off with 1.25mg finasteride for about a week...
defonitely had a very high sex drive ...damn man..i was a walking boner and when i masturbathed, it seemed like a tap was set loose!!
damn..
also slight pain in the balls whenever i used to ejaculate...pain is more like a mild version of blue balls....nothing to worry about

thought i should cut down to just 1mg...still the same but i also noticed that my semen was more watery...but who cares....stuck to 1mg for about 2 weeks

then i thought i m only 19 so i shud cut it down to about .5 a day
did this for about a week...now I felt like i m back to normal before i even started finasteride...
i read somewhere that finasteride has half life of about 72 hours on the scalp..
so guess what now i take .5mg everyother day

So i have been on Propecia about 2.5 months
Everything is normal..thank god!!

as far as progress..
I have to say I am impressed...Right at my hair line...small hair started growing out about 2 weeks into it...
Now i have long hair neway...so these are definitely new hair and they have been growing since
they are about 1.5 inches long already....and guess what hairline is about 1/8th of an inch lower..meaning this new hair has grown and filled about 1/8th inch of my hair line....so my hairline is lower...
I am not hallucinating trust me..

I only use nizoral like twice a week...
Stuck to basics..
i think everyone has to try this no matter what people say
my sex drive is completely mormal now!!
I m very happy with the results!!

So i figured about a year from now, i will do .5 a day then 1 mg a day the next year

so i have good 5 years on Propecia...i will be 25 then
and hopefully fingers crossed for something better...

I have to say Propecia defo works...esp u have only started loosing hair..
u dont need nething else!!!

btw..i got slight acne..just slight due to high hormones first..its gone now

try it try it try it!!!!!

I would appreciate feed back!!!

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Glad things are going well for you. Im only 18 and have been suffering from diffuse thinning since 16, I want to try Propecia but im sh*t scared.. There are so many mixed opinions on it.

Thing is, when I went to hairsite.com 90% of the users have had bad effects with propecia so that has put me off for now... But im thinking for myself anyway, I want to try it out but im gonna need to find a docter that will monitor my hormones (The docter im with now just laughs at me)

Glad everything is going well, take care!

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairsite does have some good info. on it, but also seems like a walking advertisement for Dr. Gho's hair multiplication technique. The users there are heavily biased. Also keep in mind that people with side affects or problems are more likely to post complaints.

I've been on propecia for 2 weeks now, without any issues (am 27). Get your hormone levels checked beforehand, go on for at least a month and see what happens (don't freak out if you get sides in the first week or two, you body might just need time to adjust).

Redbone

Reaction score
Stinger we are all laughing at you if you think 90% of the people have bad sh*t to say about Fina :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Redbone, do you need english lessons?

"Thing is, when I went to hairsite.com 90% of the users have had bad effects with propecia"

As in 90% of the users at HAIRSITE.com have had side effects? Read the forums, they speak for themselves... I never knew you spoke for everybody on the board, are you some sort of seargent or something?

If people are laughing at me they will say so, they have their own minds they dont need little kids like you to post for them.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
20something, I plan to get my hormones checked.. Just need to find a good doctor near me. Propecia is quite a big step I reckon in anybodys regimen as it effects everybody diffrently.

Hairsite is good, I know what you mean by the advertisements but there are some good people there.. One thing I can say is there does not seem to be much slating there as there is here about Propecia... Judging from what I have read anyway, I think the best people to speak to on hairsite are Trey, Benny and JTR. They have helped me a lot with info etc