Results with finasteride (Proscar)

SlyDawg

Reaction score
Hello all. Started January 1, 2006. Purchased some Proscar at a great price online. I decided to go with genuine Merck. Split the tablets into 5 pieces as according to the diagram available here. Took 1mg every night before I went to sleep. The results have been tremendous! I was losing a lot of hair when I showered and was repeatedly being told by many that my hair is thinning and bad. The frontal part of my head was starting to show scalp and receding fast. I noticed that there were lots of black dots where the hair follicle was trying to grow but just wouldn't sprout. After about 3 months, I started seeing small thin-like hairs starting to grow. Those small hairs are now turning into thick hair. You can not see my scalp any longer. My friends can not believe it, as they were skeptical to begin with. I have also not experience NO side effects.

Thanks to this site (which I have been reading well over a year but never posted before), I am well educated in the subject of hair loss and have restored my hair from any further loss. Thank you all who have contributed. Keep the faith. We're going to have this thing beat sooner than later!

PJohn

Reaction score
Great stuff!

I just started on Proscar myself so my fingers are crossed. Just a few questions ...

1) Where is this diagram you mention for splitting Proscar?
2) Did you use anything else, aside from Proscar?
3) How old are you?

Cheers!

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good going SlyDawg...Nice to see your development. Have you been using anything else...like Topicals or just the internals ?

SlyDawg

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm 33 and have not been using any topicals. But I think everyone is different. I would experiment on yourself for the best results.
If you are currently thinning, than NOW is the best time to start. Unfortunately once it's gone, it's pretty much gone.

I don't know where I got that image. I'm pretty sure somewhere on this site. Email me and I will email the image to you.