"results" At 7 Months Fue - 5000 Grafts - Bad Result Or Too Early To Tell? | HairLossTalk Forums

"results" At 7 Months Fue - 5000 Grafts - Bad Result Or Too Early To Tell?

Discussion in 'FUE | Follicular Unit Extraction Discussions' started by gazzadasnail, Jan 26, 2018.

1. gazzadasnail

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    * Thread title is incorrect - I meant to say 5.5 months

Here is where I am at after 5.5 months. I had 5000 grafts for £7500 at the Liverpool Skin and Hair Clinic.

I'm very disappointed with the thickness of it, as you can see it's very thin across the hairline, where I had most of the grafts placed.

All of the grafts seem to be growing but I'm wondering will new ones sprout or is the best I can hope for the thickening of the existing hairs?

Also what would be the reason for such a bad result? Is it simply that the grafts were placed too far apart?

I originally was worried that I had removed the scabs too early as after 5 days some of the scabs were coming loose so I was just gently brushing them away with my hand. Could this have contributed to it? Even so the number of hairs looked greater in the pictures after 2 weeks (included in post) at which point all of my scabs were gone.

The clinic has also been disgusting in their treatment. I sent several emails to them about this and they haven't replied to me in months. They finally replied when I threatened to come down to the clinic by simply saying I can come in for a checkup.

I'm saving up for DR Erdogan but Asmed have said I must wait 6 more months before I can go there due to my previous procedure.

Attached Files:

#1 gazzadasnail, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  2. Wolf Pack

Wolf Pack Moderator My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It won't get much better, probably slight thickening. It's a poor result. Are you sure you got 5k grafts? Where were they placed, just in the frontal half or all over? They do look spaced out. Hard to grow your hair out here.

VeprSuper and gazzadasnail like this.
  3. gazzadasnail

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks Wolfpack. The grafts were used all over but mainly around and in the hairline. Here is a picture just after the shedding phase which gives you a better idea of where my hair was without the transplant although it looks thinner due to being very short here obviously:-

https://imgur.com/a/rVYG0

A few people have said that it doesn't look like 5000 grafts but is there any way I could get this checked by an expert as in is there a tool someone can use to check this?

4. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This shows how important it is to go to a reputable place. Sadly, some butchers in the UK. I'm from here too. Your corrective surgery abroad is a good option and you have donor hair to work with to correct this hopefully - and keep a full head of hair.

I would threaten the clinic with legal action and also that you'll write about them on every forum - what they did. I don't think you got 5k grafts. Are you sure they didn't say 5k hairs? Maybe some of the grafts died too, due to improper handling by them.

Looks far too thin and like plugs.

doyle11 and gazzadasnail like this.
  5. gazzadasnail

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The problem is the procedure was "non-refundable" so I'm not sure what I can threaten them with. Unless there is some way to prove that I never got 5000 grafts.

The problem with the procedure is that they have actually lowered the hairline and the part that they lowered is very thin so I can't lift it up anymore like I could with my hair before I got it done. There is a 1 centimetre band of thin hair across the front of my head.

My main issue is now waiting 6 months before I can do anything about it by going abroad. It's at the point where I'm now looking into this which is also nearby me:-

https://www.totalcoverplus.co.uk/

Either that or I could tell a clinic abroad that I had the transplant done over a year ago to get it done sooner and then go in a month or 2. I have £5000 saved up. I've heard that can get you 2000 grafts with Erdogan.

What a life.

Wolf Pack likes this.
  6. SteveTabernack

SteveTabernack Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah does not at all look like 5000 grafts.

Maybe they gave you 5000 hairs and not grafts (big difference)? Poor result nonetheless.

5000 grafts for 7,5K would also be really cheap for a UK clinic no?

All that being said, 5.5 month mark is still pretty early.

Wolf Pack and gazzadasnail like this.
  7. gazzadasnail

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks mate. Yes it is pretty cheap and they were definitely MEANT to give me 5000 grafts as the price was £1.50 per graft.

Hopefully there will be more progress as I have seen some videos of results where their hair looks thin (albeit not as thin as mine) at 5.5 months such as this guy:-

And this guy who's hair looked thin at the hairline at months 4 and 5 but looked perfect later on:-

4 and 5 months:-

9 months:-

I was thinking of getting a hair system until I can get my next one but I'll see how it goes.

Wolf Pack and SteveTabernack like this.
  8. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Ah I thought it was 7 months based on your title. I did get some improvement up to month 8. But I feel month 6 all my new hairs had sprouted. You may get another 20% here but I think it won't be enough for you.

gazzadasnail likes this.
  9. gazzadasnail

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks Wolf. I'm going to give it a couple more months to see how it goes.

In all seriousness though do you think wearing a hair system would affect the growth of my transplant at this stage? I'm looking into getting one, the type where they change it every 7 weeks at a salon nearby me. I was thinking I could do this and if it feels okay just carry on and if not it could just see me through until my transplant with Erdogan.

10. JeanLucBB

JeanLucBB Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think you posted in another of your threads that you didn't get 5000 grafts. I stand by that and really think you should proceed by letting the original clinic you'll take legal action if they don't pay up. Count the immediate post-op exactly yourself when you feel like it but I'm guessing you have about 2000.

Make some noise, fuck them up on social media and every forum and place of visibility you can find saying they lied to you about the number of grafts and need to pay up, and suggest that you'll keep quiet if they give you at least 50% of your money back.

doyle11 and gazzadasnail like this.
  11. gazzadasnail

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks Jean. The thing is how do I actually prove this? Couldn't they just say that they did 5000 but a lot of them mustn't have grown or something?

If only there was a way for an expert to tell how many grafts I had and I could get it in writing.

How would I count grafts? Plus I signed a contract saying it was non refundable.

12. JeanLucBB

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Literally count it using a photo. I've studied contract law in a common law country and trust me nothing is ever truly "non-refundable", if they told you you would get 5000 grafts and you got 2000 (certainly less than half of 5000) you are still entitled to your money back. They can't legally lie to you when providing a service like this and say "oh but its non refundable" after they fail to perform what they said they would. That's not the way it works.

Find a post-op photo or a group that shows the layout effectively and physically count the number of grafts one by one. Clinics worth their salt have methods to aid counting digitally but I doubt these clowns do or would offer to. Maybe just send the pre-op photos digitally to a few other clinics and ask how many they estimate you received. Just a rough count. Don't tell them in advance how many you received.

It isn't a matter of a little either, you didn't get 5000, you didn't get 4000, and you didn't get 3000.

_DSC6930.JPG

This is 3000 grafts on my case. Visibly denser than yours and over a larger area. Yours therefore objectively cannot be over 3000, and is likely closer to 2000, maybe even 1500. Any surgeon who glances at it will tell you the same thing. 5000 is a LOT of grafts so they'll know instantly its far felow that.

SteveTabernack and gazzadasnail like this.
  13. gazzadasnail

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The best
    Thanks. Great result on yours.

The best photos I have are the ones I've included in the opening post. Also I had my grafts all over as you can see in the attached file which is one month or so post op, just after the new hair shed.

One thing I was always worried about is that most of my scabs were loose at day 5 or 6 and I was stroking them away with my hand. This caused no bleeding but I was paranoid that I may have lost grafts from this. Is this possible or just paranoia?

Shall I tell them that I have had my photos reviewed by an expert surgeon and they have confirmed I had 2000 grafts at most and ask if they can confirm it was 5000? The are not answering my emails at all but I have the surgeons personal number.

Attached Files:

14. JeanLucBB

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    After day 3-4 all the grafts should be in place so that shouldn't be an issue.

That sounds like a good plan, mention that it was another UK surgeon and they estimated around 2000-2500. Beyond that I would threaten legal action if they still don't buckle.

gazzadasnail likes this.
  15. gazzadasnail

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks mate. I'll send a text.

16. Ken1983

Ken1983 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    i think the clinic meant 5000 HAIRS, some UK clinics charge by the hair.

5000 hairs would be about 2300 grafts.

17. CliffLee

CliffLee Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just as everyone else has said, this cannot be 5000 grafts but more like 5000 hairs.

I wouldn't worry about the scabs, for some people these loosen and come off sooner. If you didn't experience any bleeding then all would've been fine.

5.5 months is still early-ish. You could possibly see some additional growth and thickening over the next few months; however it likely won't be enough for you unfortunately. I wouldn't lie about this to another practice and just wait it out. If I was you, I'd shave my head down more and use fibers and concealer in the meantime.

Lastly, I use to practice English law and although this wasn't contract, I recall that you cannot provide a sub-par service (as reasonably expected) and simply say "sorry, it's non-refundable". There are certain liabilities, and levels of service, you can't mitigate in a contract. Also, if they did lie (about the grafts), the contract could be deemed void. See if you can seek legal advice on this.

JeanLucBB likes this.
  18. Obesecat

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I dont know WTF people are talking about here. You need to wait a year before the full results of an hair transplant are apparent. You are seven months in a little over half way. You have five months to go. I wouldn't judge until month 12.

That being said a doctor doing 5000 graphs fue in on sitting is ridiculous. Fue should only be used on minor hair loss or to touch up work already done at most 2500 graphs. If you are going to need more than that it is best to do FUT the yeild is higher. I think it is unethical for doctors to perform fue on patients of N3 or more

Based on the info you gave I wouldnt be surprised if your doctor misused fue so a bad result wouldn't be surprising.
    BTW 5000 fue most likely butchered your donor area

19. Obesecat

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I was reading some of the other posts. It is defiantly possible you did not get 5k grafts. Because of the time consuming nature of fue most doctors limit fue sessions of 2k b/c of how long it takes. It takes most docs all day just to do 2k

20. kaysan

kaysan New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Does look quite spaced out. See if you can get a refund.