Restarting Minoxidil

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i was on minoxidil for approximately 9 months (twice a day) before quitting for two months straight due to scalp irritation (lost alot of denisty and hairline receded further). Ive now restarted minoxidil (only once in the morning) and been on it for about a month and a week. Maybe about 4 days ago ive notice an increase in my shedding, obviously i know this is a good sign. I forgot however how long an initial shed will last (obviously different for each person) ?

Btw im using minoxidil 5 % foam (rogaine) just trying to recover from those two months of no use.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone? does one go through another initial shed after restarting minoxidil usage... my hair is at a all time low no density hairline is so much weaker almost to a nw2 with severe diffusion.... anyone have experience with restarting minoxidil is there any hope for me? currently have my hair at a #1 guard all over and feeling pretty damn bald

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never restarted minoxidil. I restarted finasteride and went through all of the initial phases. Shedding included.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
today i noticed tons of vellus hairs on both sides of my hairline where i have been applying the minoxidil im about two months in from restarting treatment, this must mean its working ?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped in april and my hair is still worse off than baseline. I would say give it 3/4 months of use, you should recover.