Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
An article from a few hours ago about how RepliCel is seeing renewed investor interest and benefiting from the legislation involving cell therapy.

They will be releasing that five-year data in February

Furthermore, in a study from University Of Toronto, article brought to you by RepliCel, it was discovered that bald men are three times more likely to develop prostate cancer. Further demonstrating that it's "totally not a disease" and you should "just shave it and hit the gym, brah"

Either way, exciting time for this company.

Can't wait for my first Valentine's Day, too worried about hairloss to leave the house, reading RepliCel's data by candlelight alone.

UPDATE:

RepliCel's Press Release

Clinical Trials Entry

Last edited:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ffs the title is screwed up. God damn it. Someone fix this before I have an OCD explosion. @Admin plz

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ffs the title is screwed up. God damn it. Someone fix this before I have an OCD
explosion. @Admin plz

Replicel Is Fire On Lately!!!

d5yujzu.gif

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
They've begun a new Phase 1 trial of their pattern baldness treatment in Georgia and will be releasing that five-year data in February
Can you elaborate? Are you not mixing up with the following?

The TS001-2009 first-in-man clinical study was designed to test the safety and efficacy of RepliCel’s technology in 10 men and 10 women with Androgenetic Alopecia. The trial protocol, was developed in compliance with International Conference on Harmonisation guidelines for Good Clinical Practice (ICH GCP) based on advice received from the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut; an Agency of the German Federal Ministry of Health. Before the study was initiated at the National Scientific Research Centre for Skin and Venereal Diseases in Tbilisi, Georgia, the protocol received a thorough scientific and ethical review by the Georgian National Council of Bioethics which approved the conduct of the study on Oct, 27, 2010.

Edit

That's the one, no new phase 1. They will release the 5years safety and 12 months + 24 months efficacity of the Georgian trial. I'm wondering if they have an expedictive stem cell regulation like in Japan.

Last edited:

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually thought they were further along than this, but the 5 year safety data might be interesting. I think most people are depending on shiseido.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I actually thought they were further along than this, but the 5 year safety data might be interesting. I think most people are depending on shiseido.

Why depend on Shiseido more than Replicel?

Shiseido is using the exact same technology as Replicel's right?

It's my understanding that they are both the exact same thing.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do we depend on start up companies like Replicel who have little credibility for the cure ? What are big pharma companies like merck doing for hair loss why aren't they in the game ?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do we depend on start up companies like Replicel who have little credibility for the cure ? What are big pharma companies like merck doing for hair loss why aren't they in the game ?

Maybe they're waiting for proof of concept, and then they'll try and buy our rights...?

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score

Edit

That's the one, no new phase 1. They will release the 5years safety and 12 months + 24 months efficacity of the Georgian trial. I'm wondering if they have an expedictive stem cell regulation like in Japan.

Didn't they state the efficacy data would be release a lot later, a while ago?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Edit

Probably. You may have noticed that I was in a hurry to post this as I just found it before leaving the house.

If it was big pharma you'd complain that it was big pharma

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Excuse me if I am naive but on the report they are only talking about an increase in hair density of 10%. I know that is really good but didnt they promise that a scalp full of hair would be possible?

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the 5 year data shows maintained growth it's highly likely that it's a cure...if like Replicel is saying it just needs multiple injections at different dates to coincide with the growth phase. Keep in mind this 5 year data is the safety trial, they haven't figured out the dosing yet.

And for people crying it might not regrow temples, if it regrows crown permanently you can get a high density hair transplant on the rest of the scalp and you could probably also use crown hairs for transplant then.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excuse me if I am naive but on the report they are only talking about an increase in hair density of 10%. I know that is really good but didnt they promise that a scalp full of hair would be possible?
It's their phase 1 safety trial, they haven't finished their initial dosing trial (phase 2), but when phase 2 is done somewhere in 2018 than they can make it available (via Shisedo) in Japan. Their reps said from what they've seen and know about the science it should be permanent but it might need multiple doses during different stages of hair development (i.e. multiple injections between multiple time periods). But they haven't tried higher doses and more injections so we don't know yet.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
It's their phase 1 safety trial, they haven't finished their initial dosing trial (phase 2), but when phase 2 is done somewhere in 2018 than they can make it available (via Shisedo) in Japan. Their reps said from what they've seen and know about the science it should be permanent but it might need multiple doses during different stages of hair development (i.e. multiple injections between multiple time periods). But they haven't tried higher doses and more injections so we don't know yet.

Oh thank you for all of these informations! So it means people will have to flight multiple time in japan?

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Or stay for about 6 weeks for the cells to be multiplied. Maybe in the future they'll make it possible to do the graft biopsy at a hair transplant doctor and have it sent to Japan for the multiplication where you can then get the actual treatment done. But I guess by then they've already made it available in other countries.

But anyway lets see what the data they'll release in February says, in their 6 month data they had one person with 20.9% regrowth and a bunch of people still losing hairs.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness & prostate cancer:

That study likely just proves that higher DHT levels = higher prostate cancer risk. If so, that's not news.

It's like saying, "A new study found that people with higher metabolism are at more risk of starving during a famine."

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
'higher' cancer risk...83% of men with moderate balding develop prostate cancer in their lifetime.

To me that seems to be an important medical breakthrough, identifying a huge swamp of prostate cancer patients? What's with this forum and the weird things said by some of the users...

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score