Repigmentation And New Growth Of Hairs After Anti–interleukin-17 Therapy With Secukinumab

theotherusero

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is very interesting, the only drawback is the very high price of Secukinumab, but maybe we can get creative about this. In Italy the price for a 150ml syringe is 850€ and I think that the rest of EU and USA have a very similar price, but the price in India is of Rs 12,000/Vial that is about 150€.
I have absolutely 0 experience in the medical field, but I would like to know from someone qualified why there isn't more interest regarding Secukinumab.

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is very interesting, the only drawback is the very high price of Secukinumab, but maybe we can get creative about this. In Italy the price for a 150ml syringe is 850€ and I think that the rest of EU and USA have a very similar price, but the price in India is of Rs 12,000/Vial that is about 150€.
I have absolutely 0 experience in the medical field, but I would like to know from someone qualified why there isn't more interest regarding Secukinumab.
Hello I am from India,and here it is available but the problem is 1 Secukinumab 150mg injection cost around 20000-25000 rupess which is around 280$-360$.And presciption is also mandatory:(

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2965405/

"We provide evidence that metformin attenuates the induction of EAE by restricting the infiltration of mononuclear cells into the CNS, down-regulating the expression of proinflammatory cytokines (IFN-γ, TNF-α, IL-6, IL-17, and inducible NO synthase (iNOS))"

That's why I'm really interested in Metformin ... I read some good reviews about it (and some bad) ...

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/th17/ we could try some "natural" or cheaps or easy-to-get alternatives

I think I'm going to try Metformin, I'm already NWD 5 diffuse with insane itchy scalp, nothing much left to lose.
Metformin will make you lose your hair unless you are diabetic, and even then. I see it all the time with patients.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get the feeling that this drug acts through other mechanisms to regrow hair. There are plenty other drugs which downregulate IL-17 and IL-6 but don’t have effects like this. WNT also maybe? Dudes hair is black which suggests melanocyte production, which we know WNT does.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guy didn't seem to have a ton of hair loss to begin with, especially for a man his age. What's most astounding about the "after" photos is the quality of his hair, which is almost like a teenager's! I wonder what this stuff does for actual regrowth.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guy didn't seem to have a ton of hair loss to begin with, especially for a man his age. What's most astounding about the "after" photos is the quality of his hair, which is almost like a teenager's! I wonder what this stuff does for actual regrowth.
Yeah I agree. The strands look thicker, whereas before the hair is that typical sort of “fluff” hair that you get with age or Androgenetic Alopecia. I will do more research into this.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who’s willing to try? LOL

Attachments

• 4B451525-0C28-43A5-8DEE-8EB347FDC26A.png
    4B451525-0C28-43A5-8DEE-8EB347FDC26A.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 417

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So guys

I went and looked up various forums for diseases treated by this drug, and also sites like drugs.com for patient reviews. Looked through hundreds. There was not one single other report or hair growth or darkening. Actually, a lot of people reported prolonged hair LOSS. I’d say ditch this idea.

Desperated_Kid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have terrible psoriasis on scalp and face and horrible psoriasic rheumatism along with terrible hair loss (diagnosed DUPA) at only 20 years old

My doctor wants to put me on cosentyx. I live in France, so I will pay nothing.

I will tell you if it regrows my hair

Desperated_Kid

My Regimen
Reaction score
So guys

I went and looked up various forums for diseases treated by this drug, and also sites like drugs.com for patient reviews. Looked through hundreds. There was not one single other report or hair growth or darkening. Actually, a lot of people reported prolonged hair LOSS. I’d say ditch this idea.

Oh f*** I don't want further hair loss..