Recommend a UK hair transplant doctor doing FUE?

alruss

Reaction score
I would really appreciate anyone's opinions of where in the Uk would be a good place in the UK to get FUE?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I have been looking into this and the best guy IMO is Dr Rogers.

alruss

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
I have been looking into this and the best guy IMO is Dr Rogers.

Do you know of any other guys worth checking out though?

(women too of course - though they seem to be a rarity in this profession).

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The consensus lately on the boards seems to be that Dr. Rogers is the only UK Doctor worth considering. However I strongly recommend you also consider looking at the possibility of going abroad. The cost and time of a plane trip are not really significant issues when considering surgery.

alruss

Reaction score
global said:
The consensus lately on the boards seems to be that Dr. Rogers is the only UK Doctor worth considering. However I strongly recommend you also consider looking at the possibility of going abroad. The cost and time of a plane trip are not really significant issues when considering surgery.

Who would be worth considering if it has to be outside the UK - ie does it have to be in the US?

Also - it seems to me that the prices in the US seem to be HUGE!!! - I could get FUE of about 750 hairs for like £2000. How does this compare?

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
Just had my second FUE session with Dr Rogers & I can't recommend him enough. He is the best strip Dr in the UK & the only FUE Dr in the UK.

Be wary of clinics charging by the hair to make their prices look cheaper. They pull out a graft with 3 hairs & it's classed as 3 hairs and charged accordingly. Rogers charges by the graft so you get one, two and three hair grafts for your money.

Rogers charges £2000 for a 500 graft FUE. As an average graft would contain 2 hairs you'd be getting at least 1000 hairs.
Rogers does most of the work himself & only does one patient a day.
He seems a very honest bloke too.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I second whiskey's comments on Dr. Rogers.

I had a fantastic experience with him and his staff. I'm just three months post hair transplant and the transplanted hairs are sprouting all over the place! (I had a 1200 graft strip procedure).

D

oliver

Reaction score
I just saw specs pics over on another board. he has shaved down to a 5 after 900 fue by Feller, pictures look great
feller is well worth looking into for fue
http://www.fellermedical.com

specs is a showcase in the u.k i met him a couple of months back, very impressed

good luck

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
But Feller is in America. If someone wants to go to America for FUE then Dr Cole in Atlanta is the best out there.

oliver

Reaction score
i had a consult with Cole in London, didn't like the guy. Very arogant and not interested in what i wanted to achieve but what he was going to do.

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL, I think I had the same consultation with Cole in London. Told me he'd make me look fantastic etc .

He seemed very straight forward & wasn't out to make friends. He does however do superb work & that's the only thing that counts I suppose.

brianwaldman

Reaction score
Just got 2500 grafts from Dr Cole yesterday. He wasn't arrogant at all. In fact he was very friendly as was his staff. Their concern for detail was unbelievable.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd love to just go out and get a hair transplant tomorrow. I've spent months looking at websites, forums e.t.c.

What other research is there? I know the different techniques, the costs involved, the risks and the results. I know that Dr Rogers is possibly the most advanced hair transplant surgeon in the UK.

I know how and when the security operates in this bank and... er... never mind :)

Everyone has good things to say about Dr Rogers and I'm not unrealistic (I think) in what hair transplant can achieve.