ready to do something about it

hope_sl

Reaction score
Hi. I found this site only today...after a difficult weekend where I realized it was time to do something about the hair problem.

I am 36 and have a prolactinoma problem (diagnosed 16 years ago) which basically means I have a hormonal imbalance (pituatary gland tumour). I have undergone surgery but I still have a need to medication to keep levels under control...and it's not working out all that well. Over the past 7 or so years I have noticed more scalp and less hair. The hair is also not as nice as it once was. I am getting depressed over the whole situation and I am seeking support. I don't like discussing this with friends - just makes me uncomfortable. I hope that given my medical background, there is something to be done.

ANY ENCOURAGEMENT/Recommendations/ tips WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I AM GOING TO START HUNTING DOWN AN "EDUCATED" DOCTOR and see if I can get back in the game of life...it's been a while.

Thanks in advance.

ksejr1

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that i hope everything works out for you. I haven't been diagnosed with anything. I am losing my hair in a slow process since i was 12yrs. now i'm 26yrs. I'm noticing it all over mostly on the sides and its just driving me crazy, i cry, well you know the feeling. Anyways, if you need someone to talk to you can talk to me, cuz i don't have anyone to talk about it with, i do, but don't want to. take care
ksejr1

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi Hope -

"hope"fully you've found our Women's Guide to Hair loss and had a chance to read through it. http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/women

The readers digest version customized for your situation is that you will most likely benefit from a growth stimulant like Rogaine or Tricomin Therapy spray.

The big challenge is consistent religious adherence to the twice per day applications and patience for 6-10 months or more before you expect results.

Of course, the ideal way to get your hair back is to restore balance with your condition. Even if that happened tomorrow you will need to give your hair a good year to start to really grow back.

HairLossTalk.com

hope_sl

Reaction score
encouragement...and yes, hope

HairLossTalk.com -

It's funny what a few well placed words will do for a person. Yes I read the info on the web site...

My condition stabilizing is not going to happen tomorrow but if you tell me that Rogaine or a similar product may actually work for me, then I am willing to give it a try.

Now the challenge is to find a dermatologist with some knowledge of hairloss in women.

Do you know if Rogaine for women is available in Canada?

Thanks again for the reply.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I believe it is.