Random thought related to HM...kind of

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just thought about how different i would act if I got HM and it gave me a full head of hair again... i think that i would be a way more confident person than i was before when i had a full head of hair.

male pattern baldness has killed a lot of my confidence...i dont know about you guys but seriously after going though this male pattern baldness sh*t and being able to get all of my hair back would make me a lot more confident than the average dude who hasnt had to experience male pattern baldness im thinking.

just a random thought

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I was cocky to start with, this has taken me back a little.

With a full head of hair again, it would be more and less. I would be more cocky in the sense of my self esteem. However, I would be a lot nicer and decent about anyone with a physical flaw. I know how much you can't help the situation sometimes.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I have most all my hair still (some recession and thinning) but I have been consumed by my thoughts of hair loss. Which in turn, has made me somewhat depressed and less confident.

I was very cocky and extremely confident to begin with (some friends say arrogant) but its given me a different view on things now. Very similar to those of Darkly Charming. My confidence would certianly go back up to aroung the original 300% it was at if I didn't have to deal with this, but I find myself much more sensitive to others now.

hardcastle

Reaction score
Darkly said it. I almost hate to admit this, but back in my early teen years, I'd read my sister's young adult books about kids my age who were obsessed with their looks. I mean entire books about girls whose entire summers were ruined because they had acne, or a few extra pounds, and they didn't think that they'd get asked to the party/prom/beach orgy/etc. I'd be thinking, What vain, shallow ditzes. While I wouldn't say I was unusually good looking, I didn't worry about my appearance that much.

What's worse is that I'm a cartoonist, and part of being a cartoonist is exaggerating certain unattractive features to define a character. I used to draw bald people, and fat people, and thin/short/tall/etc. people, and I swear I hardly thought about how people who had one or more of those characteristics would feel looking at my cartoons.

This situation has really made me a lot more sensitive to how people who think they're unattractive feel. I've tried to avoid drawing cartoons since this whole business started, because as much as I love doing it, I know how I feel when I see a cartoon character who's supposed to be a loser in some way, and the guy is fat, or bald, or both. Stereotypes are so cruel.

I've never flat-out mocked people for their physical flaws, but however this situation turns out, I'll be a lot more sensitive about physical flaws and people who have them and are depressed about it.

G

i guess everyone thats going through male pattern baldness would. Just dont let it consume you.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I try not to let it consume me, but its hard not to think about it that much. Especially with doing treatments every day and reading this board (which is very informative).

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
I've posted this before but what helps me is maximizing everything else I've got going. Laser hair removal for a slick chest, teeth whitening, massive time at the gym for big *** arms and chest....then when you get the HM, you'll be a f*****g god. In the meantime, you'll look good because you've got everything else polished.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Dang man, thats some pretty good advice. Maybe I should get back in the gym and get ripped again. I see your point, and yes, when HM comes out esentially we really won't have to deal with this anymore. Its just getting to that point that drives me nuts.