Ramatroban?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anybody used this stuff with much success? I'm considering buying the premixed solution from Iron Dragon.

All of this PGD2/CRTH2 stuff sounds great in theory but there seems to be so few people using Ramatroban, Indo/Chromo, OC, TM. I'm guessing that's because its hard to source and expensive? I've only found Ramatroban available. Surely there must be some of us who can't use finasteride/dutasteride/minoxidil who are looking for an alternative (CB is too expensive and RU sides put me off).

I've read threads where pretty much every person says it stopped their shedding, and stopped their male pattern baldness itch. male pattern baldness itch is the main concern for me, my hairline constantly burns and tingles since I tried finasteride 6 months ago (upregulated receptors?). I don't particularly shed a lot, and I know I won't get regrowth, so my best way to gauge whether a treatment is working is if it stops the male pattern baldness itch.

5AR inhibitors are out of the question for me (still have awful reflex-hyper from trying finasteride 6 months ago).
I've been trying Fluridil/topical spironolactone for 4 months and neither have helped at all with the male pattern baldness itch or accelerated loss.
TM, OC and CB sound great but are too expensive or unavailable, and seem complicated to mix.
A lot of people I've heard using Indo/Chromo but I can't seem to find that to buy anywhere.
Ramatroban seems like the only remaining alternative.

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Iron Dragon is a really sketchy site and "company." Don't even waste your time. Only buy chemicals from trusted individuals who've been third party tested by community members.

A forum post saying x, y, or z stopped someones shedding is meaningless. Shedding has nothing to do with male pattern baldness. Everyone sheds and increased shedding has nothing to do with male pattern baldness. If anything it's telogen effluvium. male pattern baldness happens slowly over YEARS and is defined by the slow miniaturization of the hair follicle.

This so called shedding isn't being measured in any reliable way. It's just some random person's unreliable perception. If you cut your hair or move up a Norwood, you will perceive less shedding because the hairs being shed are smaller. Whereas if you have long hair and are NWI, you will see every single hair that falls out.

Increased shedding is usually a POSITIVE early sign of a male pattern baldness treatment. But once again, it's caused by medications NOT male pattern baldness.

As far as the male pattern baldness itch, what scientific evidence is there that such a thing exists? I've itched like crazy in the back of my head, but have yet to lose a single hair back there. It's just psychological.

Either way, you should not trust sketchy websites that promise you hard-to-obtain research chemicals.

Who is Iron Dragon? I know he isn't a chemist. Doesn't manufacture the chemicals himself, unlike other trusted suppliers. Won't answer technical questions about his products. Has a sketchy website with a questionable address linked to a possibly fictitious company. Won't sell these chemicals in their pure form but will only sell them in solution (to hide the fact that they're fake?).

He lists very rare chemicals for sale like CB0301. Where does some guy from California who isn't a chemist and runs a sketchy website get ahold of such a chemical? Perhaps he's trying to rope in desperate people who WANT to believe that he has this rare treatment available so easy.

Of course, all you have to do is pay $80 for a bottle of some mystery solution that is supposed to contain it. But HOW do you know it really does?

No one who makes a website and lists male pattern baldness treatments for sale deserves ANY respect whatsoever until they've proven themselves legitimate. There are far too many scummy scam artists out there leeching off the male pattern baldness community and I don't care what this person or that person says anecdotally about them.

Kevin Trudeau, one of the greatest snake oil salesmen of all time had thousands upon thousands of loyal followers who swore that the silly junk he was selling was helping them. So should you trust what others say? No. Never. I'm only interested if those people are getting third party lab tests done. I could care less about whether or not they think this mystery solution is helping their hair so they think it's real.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you for the most part. Iron Dragon probably is a bit dodgy and I don't think shedding has an awful lot to do with male pattern baldness either, it's about miniaturisation. However at this point I'm desperate for any solution, and I have read a fair few stories of people having success with various treatments from Iron Dragon, so that's enough for me to spend the £80 or so to give it a try myself. Probably stupid but like I said, I've tried pretty much everything out there and I'm desperate.

I do however believe the male pattern baldness itch is more than psychological and is a physical sign of the micro-inflammation that happens somewhere along the chain reaction of "apoptosis" that is the gradual attacking and dying of the hair follicle, aka male pattern baldness. I'm going to do some more research to see if it can be explained by scientific theory, I think its something to do with cytokines. The hundreds if not thousands of users on hairloss forums down the years who complain of the exact same tingly itch in male pattern baldness areas cannot all just be imagining it.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody else ever used Ramatroban?

COSY

Reaction score
ramatroban

Nobody else ever used Ramatroban?

Yes Buddy tried Ramatroban.
Where do ou find ramtroban on internet ?
Because I didn't find it so i ordered it from Japan. The name is Baynas it's the same mollecule and oral pills but from japan it's a bit expensive.
I took it ever day during 3 months.
I have been a bit disapointed about results.
Maybe with a topical form it could be more efficient ?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought the premade topical solution from Iron Dragon. I think it cost about $90 for a one month supply, half of the cost was shipping it from US to UK. It seemed to reduce my shedding, but shedding has never been my problem - scalp itch/pain has. And it didn't do anything for that, so I'm not buying anymore. I would recommend a CRTH2 antagonist such as Ramo, OC or TM if you have a shedding problem.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't you join the Seti GB? Trusted source and cheap

I would be all over the Seti group buy if I wasn't going travelling for 1year+ in November. The shipment wouldn't arrive by then. I am still considering it though and seeing if someone could post the package out to me. I think the close date for the group buy is soon though.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
I would be all over the Seti group buy if I wasn't going travelling for 1year+ in November. The shipment wouldn't arrive by then. I am still considering it though and seeing if someone could post the package out to me. I think the close date for the group buy is soon though.

Hi Dench , how is it going ? I have asked about Rama on other forum for you , So my shedding is around 60 in showers everyday ( Plus more in a day ) , It has established

from a day I start using lipogaine and finasteride and got some regrowth , So do you think adding Rama would be help more? because if we reduce the shed it means we get more

regrowth or have more hair on the head am I right ?

And for posting the shipment of seti I can help you through that if you want to , Since All I like is people on forum keep their hair:)

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Dench , how is it going ? I have asked about Rama on other forum for you , So my shedding is around 60 in showers everyday ( Plus more in a day ) , It has established

from a day I start using lipogaine and finasteride and got some regrowth , So do you think adding Rama would be help more? because if we reduce the shed it means we get more

regrowth or have more hair on the head am I right ?

And for posting the shipment of seti I can help you through that if you want to , Since All I like is people on forum keep their hair:)

Hi Parsia,

I think Ramatroban is worth a try if you're concerned about shedding. It is used for maintenance only, though you already have regrowth covered with finasteride and Lipogaine! Since you are in Dallas the shipping cost would be low, so maybe just buy one bottle for $50 or whatever it is and see if you like it? There are no side effects I'm aware of and it's easy to apply.

I am not sure if reducing shedding will increase regrowth unfortunately, since you are on finasteride and Lipogaine, your shedding could be weaker hairs falling out to make way for stronger hairs. Nobody really knows a definite reason why male pattern baldness sufferers shed!

Thanks for the offer for the Seti :) I think if I did go through with it I'd have to ask my parents to ship it out for me though!

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Parsia,

I think Ramatroban is worth a try if you're concerned about shedding. It is used for maintenance only, though you already have regrowth covered with finasteride and Lipogaine! Since you are in Dallas the shipping cost would be low, so maybe just buy one bottle for $50 or whatever it is and see if you like it? There are no side effects I'm aware of and it's easy to apply.

I am not sure if reducing shedding will increase regrowth unfortunately, since you are on finasteride and Lipogaine, your shedding could be weaker hairs falling out to make way for stronger hairs. Nobody really knows a definite reason why male pattern baldness sufferers shed!

Thanks for the offer for the Seti :) I think if I did go through with it I'd have to ask my parents to ship it out for me though!

You're so welcome man . thanks a lot for your very good and detail answer , it means a lot to me ,
The iron dragon has also the topical dutasteride , have you ever consider that? I think it worths trying with Ramatroban but I never say anyone who use that topical dutasteride from Iron
Dragon

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Parsia,

To the best of my understanding, topical finasteride/dutasteride are ineffective. The whole point of Finasteride's mechanism is that it gets in the bloodstream to inhibit the 5AR enzyme across the body to stop conversion of Testosterone to DHT. If you applied Finasteride topically, it may effect the 5AR levels in the scalp (assuming you can get sufficient absorption) but it would not do much for the rest of the 5AR in your body. The rest of the untouched 5AR in your body would continue creating DHT which would reach your scalp and hair follicles.

Topical approach also won't mean much for side effects either. Finasteride works in the bloodstream, which is why you get side effects. So if topical finasteride is working, it is getting into your bloodstream, meaning you will be equally at risk of side effects.

You may want to consider a topical DHT blocker such as RU or CB. This will block DHT from attaching to the hair follicle in your scalp.
A topical 5AR inhibitor will do nothing against the rest of the 5AR in your body, which will find its way to your scalp. The whole reason finasteride/dutasteride are effective is because they are systemic.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Parsia,

To the best of my understanding, topical finasteride/dutasteride are ineffective. The whole point of Finasteride's mechanism is that it gets in the bloodstream to inhibit the 5AR enzyme across the body to stop conversion of Testosterone to DHT. If you applied Finasteride topically, it may effect the 5AR levels in the scalp (assuming you can get sufficient absorption) but it would not do much for the rest of the 5AR in your body. The rest of the untouched 5AR in your body would continue creating DHT which would reach your scalp and hair follicles.

Topical approach also won't mean much for side effects either. Finasteride works in the bloodstream, which is why you get side effects. So if topical finasteride is working, it is getting into your bloodstream, meaning you will be equally at risk of side effects.

You may want to consider a topical DHT blocker such as RU or CB. This will block DHT from attaching to the hair follicle in your scalp.
A topical 5AR inhibitor will do nothing against the rest of the 5AR in your body, which will find its way to your scalp. The whole reason finasteride/dutasteride are effective is because they are systemic.
Hi Dench , Whats up man?

Thanks a lot for your very nice and detailed answer.I enjoy to read your post and I appreciate it.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably stupid but like I said, I've tried pretty much everything out there and I'm desperate.
LOL Dench you tried finasteride and a few snake oil treatments. Thats hardly everything. Get on some radidal treatments like oral spironolactone and loniten. You will get regrowth from those two.

folfoxorack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Dench57 : Hello, some news about this ?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got reflex from propecia as well dude. Can't take any anti androgen, not even once, throws me out of whack.
Have you tried loniten? I 'think' i may be experiencing some minor reflex hyperandro myself in the form of accelerated frontal recession, however since starting loniten im actually regrowing that hair! Good times ahead i think.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats a shame Bearded. I think you would have good results.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then how could you have suffered from reflex hyperandrogenism?
Doesn't that mean finasteride has the opposite effect and makes things worse?