Rachael's Story

G

Okay I am 25 and I am almost all bald. I don't know why it happened or how. It is very sad to see my hair just falling about me. I don't really have any options and all the doctors I see just stare at me.

I have Lupus and I know that sometimes you can loss hair with Lupus. I have thinned out in the past, but to lose all of your hair.

I did take Imuran for some time but quite and I am doing alright without it. I also took Effexor and I am still trying to get myself off of that awful drug. I was thinking it was the Effexor but it might be the effects of the Imuran but I haven't taken that drug in so long.

Another thing is that my scalp really hurts! When I run my hand through it or press on my scalp it hurts.

I have no answers and can't really afford to buy all these wonder drugs and the doctors haven't done anything for me.

:cry:

G

I think your medical condition takes you way out of any league we have been in.

I did have a friend who had lupus and had major hair loss. I don't know if it was the lupus or the meds but it was a constant challenge for her.

Good luck to you.

G

I just wanted to add that I am severly anemic as well as have Lupus.

The doctors ordered some more tests that I still have to do.

However, I feel alright just a little tired and a rash no and again.

I also have arthritis.

If anyone knows the relationship between anemia and hair loss I would be interested to know.

G

Hi Rachael,

I moved your post into the same thread to try and keep things tidy :)

Anyway, welcome to the board.

I do not know too much about lupus, but I can tell you for sure that if you are anemic, you can suffer from hair loss. Be sure to take iron supplements under the direction of your physician as overdosing/megadosing on iron can be dangerous to your health.

Have you had your ferritin levels checked?

Good luck with everything and let us know how you are doing,

Laura

G

Rachael-

Hi-
I am new to the board. It seems as if you and I are somewhat in the same boat.. I have hairloss, have been anemic at times and also have arthritis. I am 23 so i can understand how you feel. I do know that being anemic can cause hairloss, but you should have your ferritin levels checked.
Take care,
Mel