Quitting finasteride!!!

snake20

Reaction score
For me......all these damn zits are just not worth it!! I haven't had a zit in 5 years and now all of a sudden I can't get rid of them. Mostly at the hairline and driving me crazy. I KNOW IT"S FROM THE finasteride. So.....as of today I am no longer on finasteride. I'm 26, NW2, but that's all I'll be. I had a false pretense that the finasteride would improve the hairline....but it won't. So, hopefully this acne will go away and my hair stays where it's at.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
don't drop finasteride. you might go to Norwood 3, 4 or even 7. finasteride cannot get you a hairline, but it maintains what you have.
if you need growth in temples use minoxidil/xandrox/proxiphen

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If you decide to quite finasteride switch to Fluridil. It a topical that blocks the AR receptors in your follicle so much less DHT will harm your hair. I believe this is the only effective DHT available. And it's very important to combat DHT. SO, if not finasteride try Fluridil (http://www.eucapil.com). It won't cause you zits. Also, for your hairline use minoxidil. You're still young and you're at good Norwood stage, so you can still restore your hair. Especaialy with Fluridil + Minoxidil.

Good luck!!!

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i don't know why fluridil when you didn't get any side effects from finasteride. i would say stick to finasteride as long as you can. add anything else only if needed.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Many people get red itchy spots on the scalp when using minoxidil and finasteride (I did) T/Gel + T/Sal + Nizoral took around 2-3 months to kill 'em off and they have never returned.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah my forehead is definately more bumpy then pre-finasteride and i get a few zits from time to time that i never used to recently prior to starting finasteride. I'm certain the stuff causes forehead zits.

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
lol, well i would take it as a sign that it is working. and once the hair grows in you wont have to worry about people seeing them.