Questions..

anomal

Reaction score
Hi, although i am not a woman i am posting for my mom because she does not know how to use a computer, she has thinning hair, shes 43 years old im trying to research some products for her that regrow hair or stop it from thinning.. any help would be greatly apricated.

Thank You,
Joe George

Rapunzel

Reaction score
GodFatherJsG said:
Hi, although i am not a woman i am posting for my mom because she does not know how to use a computer, she has thinning hair, shes 43 years old im trying to research some products for her that regrow hair or stop it from thinning.. any help would be greatly apricated.

Thank You,
Joe George

Yeah, my mom doesnt know how to use a computer either. :roll: hehehe. Tell your mom to first see a dermatologist to find out why she's losing her hair. Then from there she can start looking at all the options for stoping/reversing hair loss.
Also, the advice they give on this site in the womens hair loss section is pretty good, a lot better than other sites. She might want to take a look at it.
But make sure you keep reminding your mom how beautiful she looks! If shes anything like me and a lot of other women who are losing there hair, she's probably feeling very unpretty. Keep reminding her she still looks good.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
GodFatherJsG said:
Hi, although i am not a woman i am posting for my mom because she does not know how to use a computer, she has thinning hair, shes 43 years old im trying to research some products for her that regrow hair or stop it from thinning..

How nice it is that you're helping your mom. When you are a woman with thinning hair, it is good to have a sympathic man around.
Even if she gets little or no help from doctors, like many of us experienced, this site recommends some excellent products. It's worth a try. Also, the discussion forums (even some of the men's) contain valuable information and are worth a read. Many people here have had luck with various shampoos, styling products, etc. that can minimize the problem. Also, if her scalp is not healthy, products like Nizoral could be tried.

The sooner she can stop or reverse the thinning, the better. It may take time to see results. Tell her to be patient.
I had severe shedding last fall and I wish I knew about this site earlier. Many women have had good results from Tricomin. I had my shedding stop with Folligen, but it can be rather harsh on the scalp at times. I have no regrowth after three months, but the shedding is slowed to almost none (like what it was before my hair started thinning). FYI, I am 51 and I believe the thinning is related to decreasing estrogen levels.

I wish her luck!