Question regarding DHT Blocker shampoo Pura D'or

arizona88

Reaction score
Hi, can women here please share their experience regarding using DHT Blocker shampoos. I have been losing hair in massive proportions since February this year. At one point I was losing almost 300-400 hair per day. Almost everything that I have tried has failed. The only thing that worked is Pura D'or DHT Blocker shampoo. With 3 uses my hair loss has reduced to half. Although I had to stop using it because it was causing my facial hair to grow for some weird reason. Some research told me that niacin in it acts as a vasodilator and helps increase blood circulation. This unfortunately also works for vellus hair.
So now I am torn between saving the hair on my head vs preventing facial hair growth ( I am from the Indian sub-continent and I already have plenty ).
Can women here share their experience with using DHT blocker shampoos? I am expecting information more on the lines of.
1. What happened when you stopped using the shampoo?
2. Did it contribute to your hair loss or helped stop it?
3. DId you experience any side effects ( facial hair growth and head ache for me ).
4. And finally, can I use it in rotation with another shampoo to minimize the side effects and how?

Thanks,
arizona88

arizona88

Reaction score
No I haven't but I did get my blood work done as my annual check up and I was normal ( D, B12, hemoglobin blah ). I also tried visiting an endocrinologist but he literally shooed me away when I said I was there because i was having massive hair loss. :sad: