Question on Folligen...

SpecialK

Reaction score
When is the best time to apply folligen, before applying rogaine or after? And how much time either way should you give it before applying one or another?
Thanks

Cassin

Reaction score
SpecialK said:
When is the best time to apply folligen, before applying rogaine or after? And how much time either way should you give it before applying one or another?
Thanks

After. Dr Pickart says at least 2 minutes. I give it about half an hour to let the Rogaine dry a little bit more.

G

Cassin said:
SpecialK said:
Thanks

After. Dr Pickart says at least 2 minutes. I give it about half an hour to let the Rogaine dry a little bit more.

Ditto this.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
DHT and Folligen

Bruce, I always appreciate your opinion, so here is one for you on Folligen, I read thru many of the 18 pages on the Folligen thread and few others...and the product info...

So it DOES have a DHT-inhibitor? Topical/local effect only I presume.

I am ONLY on minoxidil right now, with great results, but it sounds like Folligen and minoxidil might be a great combo. Especially if there is an effective DHT inhibitor.

I keep my hair very short, and have recently dyed it black (from blond)...it looks pretty damn good, but some added thickness or bulk would help, as would an awakening perhaps of any leftover hair follicles.

I have been on minoxidil just over 6 months...it definitely works.

G

Re: DHT and Folligen

Celtictigyr said:
Bruce, I always appreciate your opinion, so here is one for you on Folligen, I read thru many of the 18 pages on the Folligen thread and few others...and the product info...

So it DOES have a DHT-inhibitor? Topical/local effect only I presume.

I am ONLY on minoxidil right now, with great results, but it sounds like Folligen and minoxidil might be a great combo. Especially if there is an effective DHT inhibitor.

I keep my hair very short, and have recently dyed it black (from blond)...it looks pretty damn good, but some added thickness or bulk would help, as would an awakening perhaps of any leftover hair follicles.

I have been on minoxidil just over 6 months...it definitely works.

There is only one study that I know of that suggests that cooper ion inhibits DHT and that is referenced somewhere on the folligen web site (Japanese researcher).

I don't count on folligen for DHT fighting and it sure would be nice if it did.

I use crinagen for that myself.

Good luck!