QUESTION - APPLY ROGAINE ONCE OR TWICE A DAY?

G

twice a day for regrowth with both 2% or 5%
once a day for maintainance with 5%
twice a day no matter what with 2%

If you have no regrowth with 2% switch to 5%.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
%5 Twice a day , 75% of the hairloss peeps use this way so why dont you :)

G

I've been on minoxidil 5% once a day for about 2.5 months and i have seen results. I am using it on my temples and they are definately filling in.

G

keeping what i have

all i want to do is keep what i have so what would be best for me 2% or 5% once or 2 times a day?

MOE

Reaction score
The fact is I have lost a lot of hair on 5% and i use it once befiore i go to bed - my scalp feels dry and hair is brittle. I've been on it for a month by the way. What conditioner is good for my scalp? I use nizoral 3x per day but the hair is dry and scalp most of all feels irritated. It's got so bad I'm pretty close to shaving my head clean. Rogaine has made my hair loss worse. What the FU#K!!! What conditioner do you guys use for dry scalp??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

scottp999

Reaction score
Twice a day.

If you don't like wearing it to work, get up a little early and put some on an hour before you shower. That hour will allow it to work it's way into the scalp. I do that and then when I get home at 5pm I put on some more and then I usually put a little more on right before bed to sit on there all night. Works great.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
scottp999 said:
Twice a day.

If you don't like wearing it to work, get up a little early and put some on an hour before you shower.

Don't the directions say it has to be on the scalp for at least 4 hours before washing it out?

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain I'm gonna start using Rogaine very soon unless Propecia is the only way for me (it's difficult cos propecia is hard to get in England) so this is interesting..

Does Rogaine kinda f*** up ur hairstyle? That Redken snake oil stuff is a nightmare to apply in the morning or night cos it makes ur hair look worse even if it is helping! (im talkin about on the crown not receding temples)...

jpmorgan

Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil at about 12am before I go to bed, and I wake up at 6am for a second application before going back to sleep for a couple more hours (I just give it a little time to dry). Then I wash it out around 10am or so.

Is it effective to have only 6 hours between the two daily applications? Or is it important to spread them 12 hours apart? Like can 12am and 6am daily work, or would 12am and 12pm actually make a difference in its effectiveness?

MOE

Reaction score
By the way guys I'm going to Dr. Seager tomorrow - a hair transplant guy in Toronto and I will ask him about applying Rogaine. Plus i cant find Progaine shampoo or conditioner anywhere - anyone know where to get it in Ontario Canada

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
mr_sparkle said:
I'm pretty certain I'm gonna start using Rogaine very soon unless Propecia is the only way for me (it's difficult cos propecia is hard to get in England)

Find an American site that sells Finasteride in your preferred form (I'd go for Proscar over Propecia) and get it shipped over. A lot of the sites ship internationally and there are no problems with UK Customs as finasteride is a medicine and therefore exempt from VAT.

G

mr_sparkle said:
I'm pretty certain I'm gonna start using Rogaine very soon unless Propecia is the only way for me (it's difficult cos propecia is hard to get in England) so this is interesting..

Does Rogaine kinda f*** up ur hairstyle? That Redken snake oil stuff is a nightmare to apply in the morning or night cos it makes ur hair look worse even if it is helping! (im talkin about on the crown not receding temples)...

How come Propecia is difficult to get hold of? I made an appointment with my Doctor and he had never heard of Propecia, he then look it up in his book and said "Oh yeah, you are rightâ€￾ I then educated him about Proscar and that it was exactly the same but as a 5mg tablet.

I told him that's what I want and I will split the pills. He said OK and then just wrote the prescription. That was after he looked up Proscar in his book of course. Doctors don't know everything so you will need to educate him. Also, I was the only person in my town using it so again; this is all new stuff to these so called Doctors of medicine!