Question about transplant procedure

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
How do you guys that are around a NW3 deal with the whole transplant issue. If you get the top of your head shaved for the procedure, how do you deal with looking like a NW5-6 for several months? If you shave your entire head afterward, how do you deal with the scar? I'm considering a transplant but I don't know how I'd feel having a shaved head and big scar for a little while and trying to explain it to everyone. Any comments?

zroca

Reaction score
I don't have a hair transplant but I'll try to help. I would try to hide it with a hat for as long as I could until it started growing out again. If people ask you about the scar you would explain that you got a hair transplant. Sooner or later you'll have more hair and people will be asking you about that, you'll be saying its a hair transplant, it you think about it there really is no diffrence except with people that don't know you and if they ask you about the scar make a joke out of it you had some kind of alien removed from your head or something like that, you'll only have to deal with it for a few months, and than if the transplant wen't good you won't ever have to worry about it again.
Zroca

G

fifty said:
How do you guys that are around a NW3 deal with the whole transplant issue. If you get the top of your head shaved for the procedure, how do you deal with looking like a NW5-6 for several months? If you shave your entire head afterward, how do you deal with the scar? I'm considering a transplant but I don't know how I'd feel having a shaved head and big scar for a little while and trying to explain it to everyone. Any comments?

Never heard of anyone shaving their head before a hair transplant. Normally, they simply recommend a haircut as you likel don't want to head off to the barber just after a hair transplant.

RE; scar in the future, it is a consideration if you intend to go baldy route.