Question about Propecia..

chw123

Reaction score
I have a question about Propecia. I'm only 25 and have been thinning for at least 2 years on my crown. My Dr looked at my scalp and said that I actually haven't "lost" much hair yet but it is definitely miniaturizing, which accounts for the thinning. All though I still have most of my hair (even if you can’t see a lot of it!) the Dr said it won’t be around for long because miniaturized hairs die over time.

I just started Propecia this month. If I actually haven't lost many hair follicles yet can I expect most of the miniaturized hairs to regain their mass? I’d be happy if the Propecia just maintained my hair the way it is but it would be nice to gain some of my old mass back.
Thanks!

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
you chance are good if you response well to propecia. give it around 6-12months and see how it goes. add minoxidil if you have to.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
It will depend on whether you are a good responder to the methods you choose. Minaturisation may occur slowly or catasrophically, so will reverse in different ways, it depends on your genes. You also should also ask your doctor carefully before taking strong medication at your age, it is possible that low doses of finaseride may be effective in combating hair minaturisation. We are experimenting with out own bodies, because of the importance of self-image. I am willing to work quite hard to regrow long lost hair, and am succeeding to some extent, and also because of the novelty factor. De-minaturising Ye Olde Folliclese is fune. Good luck with your efforts, but don't get too obsessed, the science can drive one quite mad!
Boru

chw123

Reaction score
"Good luck with your efforts, but don't get too obsessed, the science can drive one quite mad"

Yeah I plan on giving finasteride a shot but if that doesn't work than that will be it for me unless something better comes along. I don't mind taking a pill if it works but I don't want to spend hours every day putting tons of products on my head! Thanks for you're info