Q for wig wearers-Please answer if you can!

msgluv

Reaction score
HI!
I have a question, and I hope someone knows something about it!!!!! I want to buy a human hair wig. I have a synthetic one now. But I feel that I might want a human hair one. I want to know if you can go swimming with a human hair wig. I don't think you can with the synthetic one. Also, if you can swim with it, is it noticeable that it is a wig? Also, I read on one of the websites that someone wrote about that human hair wigs can get Frizzy. Is his true? Wouldn't that make it ugly looking???? :hairy: Anyway, my biggest concern is the swimming thing. I have to go on my honeymoon, and I refuse to swim because I don't want my scalp to show. But I am going to a tropical island. How could I not swim??????? I bought a swim cap, and it looks ridiculous on me! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
msgluv said:
HI!
I want to know if you can go swimming with a human hair wig. I don't think you can with the synthetic one.

You can swim in either a human or syn wig. How it looks in and coming out of the water is going to depend on the construction of the wig, the length and style. Human hair will react more naturaly when wet. No matter what type you wear it should be protected from the sun and rinsed or washed when coming out of clorinated pools or salty ocean water. The human hair can fade quickly in these conditions. There is no reason the human hair unit should get frizzy, but it can become dry looking quickly if not cared for properly.