Putting together a natural, internal hair loss remedy

Hoppi

Reaction score
As a safe, side-effect free, longer term equivalent to finasteride!

Ok this is what I have so far:

Equol, borage oil, Coenzyme A, EGCG, beta-sitosterol, nettle root, curcumin, grape seed extract, gliSODin, sulforaphane, l-taurine, l-arginine, ginkgo biloba, coconut oil, l-lysine, niacin(amide), lignans.

Other potential additions I think are fish oils, pomegranate, horsetail, maca, other green tea extracts, muira puama, zinc and Fibroboost.

The basic idea is that all these things interfere in some way with the path to male pattern baldness hair loss. Some inhibit 5ar, some block androgen receptors, some reduce androgen receptors, some reduce sebum, and others are involved in other links in the chain, even after DHT has hit the follicle.

Of course some things like vitamin D etc will work wonders for underlying health (for example I still have my sights firmly set on sorting out my thyroid), but I thought this might be a worthwhile thread for doing a bit of a brainstorm!

Thanks guys,

Hoppi!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
The basic idea is that all these things interfere in some way with the path to male pattern baldness hair loss. Some inhibit 5ar, some block androgen receptors, some reduce androgen receptors, some reduce sebum, and others are involved in other links in the chain, even after DHT has hit the follicle.

<spit>

Most of the things you listed don't do any of those things, but that's not going to stop you from posting about them incessantly, is it? :smack:

VoteForPedro

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Most of the things you listed don't do any of those things, but that's not going to stop you from posting about them incessantly, is it? :smack:
:agree:

hahahahahahahaha! yeah, some people need to stop obsessing. easier said than done, i know. but if you want good results...time to cool it. relaxing helps a bit.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't believe in natural things :dunno: for hair loss.

Jacob

Reaction score
Phytoplankton...BioSil/JarroSil...Cysteine Peptide....

I may repost them here...those combos that are already out there that ppl claim success with. I wouldn't get your hopes up on any of them..but they're out there...

Jacob

Reaction score
Probiotics..such as Lactobacillus paracasei...

http://skin.gcnpublishing.com/fileadmin ... 5_main.pdf

The oral probiotic Lactobacillus paracasei achieved substantial, clinically meaningful reductions in dandruff in a double-blind, placebo-controlled randomized trial.

"Consumption of the probiotic also resulted in several secondary benefits, including reduced scalp erythema, itching, and greasiness, along with a steady decline over time in scalp Malassezia yeast counts, Dr. Audrey Gueniche reported at the annual congress of the European Society for Dermatological Research.

http://www.informedbeauty.com/gut.shtml

For example, most cases of acne are now believed to arise not only out of the presence of an androgen hormone called DHT within the sebaceous glands, but of an individual's particular sensitivity to that hormone. According to Garcia, hormone activity is profoundly affected by the balance of bacteria in our guts, because the liver's ability to successfully metabolize hormones, is greatly influenced by our probiotic health.