Pull test results are insane...

kelvin26

Reaction score
Hello all,

6 months ago I started finasteride in the form of 1/4 tablet proscar generic. Side effects were mild and disappeared after about a month. Hair loss has not changed at all. In fact, I think I'm losing more hair during the course of the day than ever.

Today I tried the "pull test"
Back: 0 hairs even when pulling very hard
Top(balding area): 10+ hairs even when barely tugging.

Picture of the hair pull test results:
http://i.imgur.com/pmzbh9b.jpg

My question is, what the hell? I see a lot of people saying they see some results around 3 months, and by 6 months it's very obvious. For me it seems to just be accelerating.

Also, more than half the hairs that did come out have a very large sheath which isn't normal for me, usually there is only a tiny white bulb

Any thoughts besides "just keep going"?

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

6 months ago I started finasteride in the form of 1/4 tablet proscar generic. Side effects were mild and disappeared after about a month. Hair loss has not changed at all. In fact, I think I'm losing more hair during the course of the day than ever.

Today I tried the "pull test"
Back: 0 hairs even when pulling very hard
Top(balding area): 10+ hairs even when barely tugging.

Picture of the hair pull test results:
http://i.imgur.com/pmzbh9b.jpg

My question is, what the hell? I see a lot of people saying they see some results around 3 months, and by 6 months it's very obvious. For me it seems to just be accelerating.

Also, more than half the hairs that did come out have a very large sheath which isn't normal for me, usually there is only a tiny white bulb

Any thoughts besides "just keep going"?
How is your situation now Kelvin?

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I’ve been on propecia for over a year and I still “fail” pull tests in my diffusing area. I naively hoped that propecia would make my top hairs as hard to pull out as my safe zone hairs.