Pseudoacromegaly caused by minoxidil

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they ever followed up on this case? I'm curious if he's scarred like that for life or not. http://www.scribd.com/Doctor/46838803/Pseudoacromegaly-induced-by-the-long-term-use-of-minoxidil

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, the patient used minoxidil during 1o years, 50 mg daily when the normal oral use is 10 mg/day

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
Yah but all I'm asking is do these guys ever follow up. It was in 2003 by now we should know if this stuff reversed. I actually had slight problems like this with minoxidil foam and it took a year for my skin to go back to normal. I'm wondering if this guy can even recover as age will not be in his favour.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

In the result of this publication:
The patient and his family have noticed at least an
arrest, if not a gradual reversal, in the soft tissue andhair overgrowth 5 months after the discontinuationof minoxidil. This strongly suggests that minoxidil was the cause of the pseudoacromegaly.
1164045741_0.jpg

The second case seems similar

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
Yah poison eh? I had a bit of the redundant skin around my mouth and near the eyebrows. It took a year for that subtle amount to disappear, I could just imagine how long it would take this guy.

nathael

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yah but all I'm asking is do these guys ever follow up. It was in 2003 by now we should know if this stuff reversed. I actually had slight problems like this with minoxidil foam and it took a year for my skin to go back to normal. I'm wondering if this guy can even recover as age will not be in his favour.
What was your age when you recovered from this minoxidil pseudoacromegaly?

Did it go completely back to normal?

Did you do anything specific to get it back to normal? Food/supplements/lifestyle?
And did you have other side effects?