Proxiphen success story - 2 year update

Felk

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been ages since I've posted anything hair loss related on this site, but I figure I owe it to the HairLossTalk.com community to share my success and the method I used to achieve it. I'm 21 now and probably a norwood 1-2

SHORT VERSION - took drugs and proxiphen, maintained/thickened hair. Dropped drugs 1+ yrs ago, kept using proxiphen = maintained hair. It's been two years

Basically I took finasteride and dutasteride on an off for about a year starting in mid 2006... I switched between them and had various side effects, and usually took only half a finasteride or less daily for a few months, or dutasteride only once a week. It was pretty irresponsible I guess. Before trying 5AR2 inhibitors I started Proxiphen, which I apply once a day. And NANO shampoo and nizoral.

The pills had side effects, and the beginnings of gyno manifested. It has stayed with me to this day. It is barely noticeable (invisible when it's cold :p), but my nipples look a bit fatter and saggy, which sucks I guess but really doesn't bother me much. Maybe one day I'll get surgery for cheap if I can make surgeon friends in med school, but like I said it's not a big deal.

But the good news is, I dropped my light dose of these drugs off entirely about a year ago and continued on with proxiphen, and haven't lost a hair. Which is fantastic. The drugs might have thickened up my hair, but now that I don't wear it very long, there is absolutely no noticeable change, and the hairline certainly hasn't budged. I should also say that I use proxiphen pretty sparingly as well, perhaps 3-5 nights a week, when I remember. I only apply it at the very front, so a vial lasts me 3-6 months.

I don't think about hair at all anymore, and am not worried about the concept of losing a bit of my hairline. A few nights a week I just smudge a bit of cream around my temples quickly before I go to bed, and don't think twice about it. I should state that there's not much minoxidil in proxiphen, and it's only applied once a day, so I feel these results can't be attributed to the "minoxidil growth offset". Hopefully these results should last a while, and if things start getting worse I'll just apply the stuff every night again. And I can always throw in a minoxidil application in the morning or evening if need be, to boost things up a bit.

If you are in the early stages of hair loss, and don't have much area to cover, I recommend you give proxiphen a try and see if you can maintain your hair as easily. If you have a wide area and more money, then perhaps also give it a try :p Or perhaps even NANO and nizoral? I really don't know what stopped my hair loss in it's tracks. Certainly destressing about the whole situation and not obsessively checking helped a great deal. Though I never really had severe loss, I still feel I can comment on the psychological effect to a degree - losing hair can cut you up, but it's worrying and obsessing about it and letting it interfere with your life that twists the knife and makes the wound so much worse.

Sorry this is so long. peace guys

:pint:

Felk

Reaction score
Re: Proxiphen success story

FreeloaderUK said:

Sure, I'll russle up some taken recently and from a year ago with my hair at about the same length - they'll just be normal photos though, I never really took hair line shots or anything