Propecia = Weight Gain?

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont know but is it just me but does Propecia cause weight gain? I have 5-9 lbs and unmovated to hit the gym anymore.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think so man..

But I wonder if propecia had anything to do with my crazy muscle gains in these last 4 months.. since it raises T levels.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Propecia can cause weight gain. Because it raises test levels, it also raises estrogen levels to compensate. More estrogen = higher number of Alpha-2 receptors, which tell your body not to release fat stores.

It's why women have a harder time losing weight than men...Because women have high estrogen levels, they also have a high # of alpha-2 receptors.

kodakjlowe117

Reaction score
I was on propecia for 8 years and didnt notice any weight gain. You may want to look at other life factors (aging, lifestyle etc) in order to account for any type of weight gain.

weezerboi18 said:
I dont know but is it just me but does Propecia cause weight gain? I have 5-9 lbs and unmovated to hit the gym anymore.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
kodakjlowe117 said:
I was on propecia for 8 years and didnt notice any weight gain. You may want to look at other life factors (aging, lifestyle etc) in order to account for any type of weight gain.

weezerboi18 said:

Interesting site you have.

So, you finished shaving your head right?

Did propecia work in those 8 years? And when you quit propecia, you finished losing it all?

holyhead

Reaction score
This **** **** me up..avid runner for years and keep a food journal..Gained about 9 or 10 lbs of just water like fluid around the bottom of stomach waist..After I quit this crap it's gotten even worse..Looks like a cows tit bag swollen..

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HIGH ESTROGEN LEVELS.
finasteride raises test levels.
High test levels = high estrogen levels.
High estrogen levels=water retention.

Clean up your diet, reduce your sodium intake and don't eat crap food.

holyhead

Reaction score
I have heard it causes weight gain.
Mine is getting worse and worse..Even while still keeping my food journal and running as I did for several years before..Stomach and love handle area plus thighs just keep swelling..Looks like fluid gain..Went to holistic medical clinic today and had **** ton of blood work done..Won't know till next week but I would avoid this crap like the plague if you value your quality of life..Also I have depression and insomia now..My MD just prescribed prozac..I aint even trying that yet..

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine is getting worse and worse..Even while still keeping my food journal and running as I did for several years before..Stomach and love handle area plus thighs just keep swelling..Looks like fluid gain..Went to holistic medical clinic today and had **** ton of blood work done..Won't know till next week but I would avoid this crap like the plague if you value your quality of life..Also I have depression and insomia now..My MD just prescribed prozac..I aint even trying that yet..

Umm, prozac causes weight gain as well.

- - - Updated - - -

So if propecia causes weight gain, that might explain the some of the rates of erectile dysfunction and PFS and gyno. ED and gyno are both linked to body fat percentage.