Propecia ups and downs...

souldoctor

Reaction score
Man, don't you hate how your hair can change so easily in just a few days when you're on something like propecia which causes sheds?? Went out thursday and friday, hair was pretty good, manageable, propecia seemed to be working finally, pulled some bird on thursday, got another's number on friday... but now since the weekend i seem to have shed something ridiculous, don't even wanna call up the girl whose number i got cause i dunno how sh*t my hair might be by the time i get round to meetin up with her!

oh well..the last shed scared the crap out of me, then my hair came back good, if only for a month or so...guessing this will be the same?

do any of you guys on propecia find that you shed for a while, then few weeks later get a month or so of good hair, then shed again, etc etc...? i've only been on it for 4 months but it seems to just go from good to bad and keep alternating like that, rather than 'maintaining'....? I was hoping that propecia would just maintain something decent, rather than giving me this schizophrenic pattern of one month of sh*t hair, and one month of really good hair, and so on...

SD

rando

Reaction score
I'm on month 14 right now, and I'm going through the mother of all sheds (at least I'm hoping it's a shed). Over the course of these 14 months, my hair has cycled between good, great, and absolutely terrible. Unfortunately, the latter has predominated. Oh well. As long as it grows back (eventually), I'll be happy.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
4 months isn't enough time to notice any real growth so your good days bad days are related to the hair you have just being uncooperative

SE-freak

Reaction score
Dinzy said:
4 months isn't enough time to notice any real growth so your good days bad days are related to the hair you have just being uncooperative

Indeed.