Propecia Increasing Testosterone???????

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible the propecia increases Testosterone??? I've had 2 girls tell me that I've gotten big, and asked if I was taking Steroids. =/

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
you know what man ive heard that it does..and also increases strengh because as it lowers dht our hormones fight back and make more testosterone

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, so its sort of like a indirect side-effect. =/ That sucks because I am not seeing any improvements.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
how long have you been using it?

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
nohairnodandruff said:
Is it possible the propecia increases Testosterone??? I've had 2 girls tell me that I've gotten big, and asked if I was taking Steroids. =/

It's true that propecia increases serum testosteron levels, but DHT is reduced and has "related" effects, so it's not the same as solely increasing testosteron levels i think...

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just getting fat in the right places. When I have a shirt on i look built, when i have my shirt off i look like a fat slob:) hahaha

michael barry

Reaction score
Guys,
Propecia just stops alpha 5 reductase type 2 enzyme from converting Test to DihydroTest. It reduces a bit less than 70% of your blood serum levels of dihydrotestosterone and only 34% of your scalp level of dihydrotestosterone.

So you have the testosterone in your body that WOULD HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO DHT if you werent on propecia. It didnt get converted to DHT, so your testosterone levels are higher than they would have been.

But its not cause for panic. Some men dont have the alpha-5 reductase enzymes to convert T to DHT. Their is a Puerto Rican family with absolutely NO history of hairloss and they were found to have this. Needless to say, full heads of hair.

Your body does make more androgen receptors on propecia however on follicle bulbs..........