propecia for 1 year

charlieparker

Reaction score
Hi, I have taken Propecia for almost 1 year now. I'm 22. First noticed hair loss at 20. I made the mistake of taking it every other day, or every other other day for about the first 9 montsh and from them on decided to take it daily. I have noticed that my shed has remained relatively the same so far. Should I keep going on the propecia or what? it's hard to tell the progress of my hair loss because it is diffuse. I think Thanks for the tips.

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
keep using it if you do not experience sides

good luck and keep us updated

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Beast, it´s not good to vary timing or dosages, in my opinion. If you do so be prepared to expect different expectations of results.

Propecia studies indicate the optimum 1mg per day.

I know there are charts showing DHT levels mantaining more or less the same one day off finasteride vs. every day. But, above all considerations, you should take as a dogma that Merck is not gonna recommend any other dosage than the best one. If not they are risking their market.

Why not 1mg a day??

dek

Reaction score
is it wise to keep taking propecia if he hasnt been helped at all after a year? I ask becuase im close to a year on proscar and nothing at all has happened, no sides, no shedding, no regrowth...nothing. what do you think guys like us should do?

dek

Reaction score
no, my hair is falling out at the exact same rate that is was a year ago, there has been absolutely no fluctuations. as far as money and health reasons, i really dont want to stay on finasteride forever even though it is doing me no visual harm

Britannia

Reaction score
wils said:
whats wrong with every other day dosage? :shock:

1) Its stupid
2) It will decrease the chances of success
3) Its stupid
4) If it gives you results it will have the same chance of giving you sides.
5) Its stupid
6) Your ignoring all clinical evidence and FDA recommendations and inventing your own crazy dosage.
7) Its stupid

wils

Established Member
Reaction score
ok but proscar cut into quarter tablet doses is stronger than propecia so this forum advised dosage every other day

dek

Reaction score
how about the actual question that started the thread. What should people do who have taken finasteride for a year and experienced no sides, progress or any change in the rate of hair loss whatsoever?

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
dek, you make a good point my brother. I have been on Propecia for 14months now. When I first started things were much better. Now after 14 months went from a NW1 to a NW2.25 and no maintaining. Just been losing more as time goes on. Being year 2 on treatment I must give it more time. I know if I stop now I will lose what I have. Its a Tough decision but I am gona ride it out for some more time. I have accepted the fact that I will be bald some day and once I hit NW3.5 4 I decided I will stop all treatments.