Propecia Causing Painful Ejaculation

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Flimsy 'evidence' there QC. It's never been described in any controlled study. Just anotehr anti-finasteride scare-mongerer

lol weak.

unlike you, I'm not attempting to spread unproven misinformnation about Finasteride, simply asking whether anyone else has experienced that symptom. That's actually the purpose of this subforum, something you don't seem to grasp

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just keeping things real: I had severe pain ejaculating when I was on propecia. It only lasted a few weeks / months out of the 3.5 years I was on it, but it felt like the worst stabbing pain. Razor blades.

Alternatively, my best friend has been on Propecia for 8 years and hasn't got a care in the world.

Admin

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol weak.

unlike you, I'm not attempting to spread unproven misinformnation about Finasteride, simply asking whether anyone else has experienced that symptom. That's actually the purpose of this subforum, something you don't seem to grasp

People like him, the strong anti-finasteride advocates are hoping people like you, me, Wuffer etc get permanent side effects, once you prod at the likes of Hair to Learn he'll eventually admit it. He's probably Joe-1991 who was on here last year doing the exact same thing when people questioned his "theories".

Anyway, where exactly is the pain radiating from?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
People like him, the strong anti-finasteride advocates are hoping people like you, me, Wuffer etc get permanent side effects, once you prod at the likes of Hair to Learn he'll eventually admit it. He's probably Joe-1991 who was on here last year doing the exact same thing when people questioned his "theories".

Anyway, where exactly is the pain radiating from?

not the balls. The pereinium/base of penis

Fanjeera

Reaction score
My theory which noone wants to agree with nor disagree is that you are more prone to a prostate infection while on finasteride, because it loses its ability to fight the bacteria (loss of epithelium, secretion and mainly Zn which is antibacterial). It gets easier for the bacteria to ascend and infiltrate the tissue. So you probably have prostatitis now. You probably ejaculate less in amounts and less often now too, right?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fanjeera, are you in the medical field?

How constant is the pain? How long have you have said pain?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yes, I study medicine.
If there's a seriously infectious bacteria detectable in your prostate secretion, then of course intervention is needed. If the doctors can't find anything, then it's probably some kind of a dysbalance in the microflora of benign bacteria that's causing the symptoms and it probably can heal by itself, if you live healthy and take care of your prostate. Killing it with finasteride is surely not the way.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Go to a doctor and definitely mention finasteride! Let's see what (s)he thinks! Perhaps you have yellow semen and slow and frequent urinating too?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Go to a doctor and definitely mention finasteride! Let's see what (s)he thinks! Perhaps you have yellow semen and slow and frequent urinating too?

no neither of those two symptoms. Watery semen I think, which is usual for finasteride

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I study medicine.
If there's a seriously infectious bacteria detectable in your prostate secretion, then of course intervention is needed. If the doctors can't find anything, then it's probably some kind of a dysbalance in the microflora of benign bacteria that's causing the symptoms and it probably can heal by itself, if you live healthy and take care of your prostate. Killing it with finasteride is surely not the way.

My doctor kept going the "infection" route and prescribing antibiotics which did nothing. Docs always seem to jump on the infection option when you have issues down there. I am going to go with "inflammation" instead. Inflammation in the absence of infection. If antibiotics don't work for you. Infection usually has a gradually increasing pain/symptoms that dont just go away. This was a periodic "acute" event for me.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yes, you're right. And the diagnosis will in that case be "chronic abacterial prostatitis" or just "chronic pelvic pain syndrome". Inflammation in the prostate is somewhat physiological, that's why there's also the diagnosis "asymptomatic prostatitis". But that means a dysbalance in the microbiota there, so it still has to do with bacteria. And perhaps you can accidentally shift it back in place by testing with random antibiotics? Studies show a small positive effect by doing that in the population.
You should also check the leukocyte count and interleukins to be sure it's an inflammation. If these come up low, then it may be a completely different problem.

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
No yellow semen, but I do have slow and frequent urinating. But I've had that for a month or so before I was on finasteride. What is that a symptom of?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Well it may be an inflammation in the prostate, but probably also many other things. Anything that causes hyperemia down there, can probably make urinating more difficult. If you're older, then it's probably hyperplasia/hypertrophy of the gland.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My theory which noone wants to agree with nor disagree is that you are more prone to a prostate infection while on finasteride, because it loses its ability to fight the bacteria (loss of epithelium, secretion and mainly Zn which is antibacterial). It gets easier for the bacteria to ascend and infiltrate the tissue. So you probably have prostatitis now. You probably ejaculate less in amounts and less often now too, right?
so if you do have prostate infection, irrespective of finasteride or no finasteride, the urine work shd come positive right?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

I've noticed since being on my second round of biotics after my transplant my semen amount is dismal

klink2

Reaction score
I went off Propecia because I had a lot of sides.... painful ejac, brain fog an hour after I took it, less sexual desire. Been off it for 4-5 years now.

subterfuge

Reaction score
Any more thoughts on this?

I'm 3.5 months in an have had painful ejaculation since almost day 1.
The pain is harsher the longer I go without 'realease'
Hard too imagine it just 'going away' now that it's been so long