powerice11's Story

powerice11

Reaction score
hey everyone, this is my first post and my story. im 18 years old and i just graduated high school. my hair started thinning about a year ago and its gradually gotten worse. i have longer curly thicker hair so its easier to cover up but its getting pretty bad. my main problem is my receding hair line. my hair line is now shaped like a U or a V in the front. my dad started growing bald around the same time. i have been taking rogaine 5% for about 2 months now and i havent really noticed a big change but im gunna give it some more time. i set up an appointment with a dermatologist in late july. is there anything i can do? is making an appointment with a dermatologist a good idea? any questions i should ask him? all i want is my hairline back from when it wasent receding, is this possible?? thanks everyone, responses will be greatly, greatly appreciated. -Eric

upnorth

Reaction score
Well I'd ask your Dermatologist about Propecia for starters. It's the best weapon available for maintaining all the hair you have.

Alot of people have had success with the "Big 3", That's rogain 5%, Propecia an Nizoral shampoo.

Some people have had success restoring their hairline, but I'd say setting your goal at maintaining your current hair is probably more realistic.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
If your dermatologist has never heard of Propecia, you need to find a new dermatologist.

Dale

Reaction score
without a doubt, you need to get a prescription for propecia. Also, you should start using Nizoral shampoo which comes in 1% and 2%. The 2% works better but if you want it your going to need to get a prescription for that too. The 1% is available over the counter. Stick with your 5% minoxidil, you should start to see results in about 3 to 6 months.

ineedhairnow

Reaction score
Take Propecia, I never did till it was really too late to keep most of my hair. Don't make that mistake. Get propecia and you'll see the difference in like 3 months.