Post Finasteride Syndrome: A Broad Overview Of This Devastating Disease

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually agree with him that Fina is practically hormone replacement therapy but what the hell are we supposed to do?

I don’t understand how it’s hormone replacement therapy when you’re not replacing any hormones. It’s an anti-androgen, which is inhibiting 5AR enzymes so the conversion of T to DHT is reduced significantly. He claims that those who use finasteride are using ‘tranny regimens’, when it doesn’t even come close. It’s a medication used for benign prostate hyperplasia, and I don’t think he would claim that suffers of that condition are using ‘tranny regimens’.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmfao, keep up your cope with non arguments and ad hominems, it just proves my point that you are raging about the fact you're on a tranny regimen.

Enjoy your transition into a female to save the ratsnest on your head though.
Maybe it's time for you to go worry about ur president u short fat bald American rat.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahaha, I love your tears. Hey but I understand why you don't have a problem with your tranny regimen since you're already a b**ch.
My tears? Man it's over for you. U clearly are not very bright, ur fat and bald and probably have no money either. If i were you i'd hang myself right now.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fina is not a tranny regimen you say? Let's look at the fina wiki page:

Finasteride, sold under the brand names Proscar and Propecia among others, is a medication used mainly to treat an enlarged prostate or hair loss in men.[2] It can also be used to treat excessive hair growth in women and as a part of hormone therapy for transgender women.[3][4] It is taken by mouth.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

@ScaredOfBalding Enjoy your tranny regimen

"BU..BU...fina is not hormone therapy REEEEEE!!!!"

LMFAO, bunch of coping idiots.

It’s used as part of transgender therapy because it prevents the most potent form of testosterone having an effect on the body, and is an anti-androgen which is what transgender women need to use. Although, this seemingly happens in the US due spironolactone being used within the masses, which is a weak anti-androgen. Finasteride, spironolactone and estradiol is a typical trio of medications used in the US for transgender patients.

Finasteride is used within male patients with benign prostate hyperplasia, but does that mean they’re on a ‘tranny regimen’? No. In fact, all anti-androgens created are for the use of men; finasteride, dutasteride, cyproterone acetate, flutamide and bicalutamide are for the use of males.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have proven countless times what an idiot you are, the same with scaredofbalding. And morons, look at the thread title, it's about pfs, I'm not dictating anything I only post my experience and opinion, again I understand you raging when you read that your treatment isn't as safe as you think.

But please continue your hormone treatment to save the hairs on your head, you will sing a different song in due time. Your coping is hilarious though.

Also lol that you idiots are ignoring a new article from Reuters supporting what me and many others say about fina and the reliability of these "official merck studies"

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-courts-secrecy-propecia/

A REUTERS SERIES

Court let Merck hide secrets about a popular drug’s risks

Lawsuits claim baldness drug Propecia causes sexual problems and depression. The judge sealed evidence – uncovered by Reuters – suggesting the maker downplayed the side effects. A widow wants the truth out.

@ScaredOfBalding "BUT MERCK IS RELIABLE REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Let's look at their past:

“Merck Manipulated the Science about the Drug Vioxx”
Scientists from the pharmaceutical giant Merck skewed the results of clinical trials in favor of the arthritis drug, Vioxx, to hide evidence that the drug increased patients’ risk of heart attack.

Tragically, Merck’s manipulation of its data—and the FDA’s resulting approval of Vioxx in 1999—led to thousands of avoidable premature deaths and 100,000 heart attacks.?Dr. David Graham, the Associate Director for Science and Medicine in FDA’s Office of Drug Safety, testified in 2004 before the Senate Finance Committee that the FDA's failure to recall Vioxx earlier had resulted in as many as 55,000 premature deaths from heart attacks and stroke, calling it the equivalent of allowing "two to four jumbo jetliners" to crash every week for five years. Even years after discontinuing use of the drug, patients who have taken Vioxx continue to experience complications.
https://www.newscientist.com/article...aths-cover-up/

“Drug giant Merck accused of deaths cover-up”

When a study suggested that Vioxx was more dangerous than a rival drug, for example, the company is alleged to have decided not to publish the results or properly inform the FDA.

Egilman says the documents also contain an email in which a Merck employee tells a co-worker that “this is a very serious result and you will hardly be surprised by the idea of keeping this VERY TIGHT for the moment”.
https://www.news.com.au/news/drug-c...6c8559abf?sv=1f029b17d33bdbde184dbc4c4fed7126

“Vioxx maker Merck and Co drew up doctor hit list”

An international drug company made a hit list of doctors who had to be “neutralised” or discredited because they criticised the anti-arthritis drug the pharmaceutical giant produced.

The email, which came out in the Federal Court in Melbourne yesterday as part of a class action against the drug company, included the words "neutralise", "neutralised" or "discredit" against some of the doctors' names.

"We may need to seek them out and destroy them where they live," a Merck employee wrote, according to an email excerpt read to the court by Julian Burnside QC, acting for the plaintiff
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/09/b...s/09merck.html
“Merck Agrees to Settle Vioxx Suits for $4.85 Billion”

Three years after withdrawing its pain medication Vioxx from the market, Merck has agreed to pay $4.85 billion to settle 27,000 lawsuits by people who claim they or their family members suffered injury or died after taking the drug, according to two lawyers with direct knowledge of the matter. https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/m...1804dgtest.pdf

@StevenGerrard Alternatives depend on how aggressive your hairloss is. If it's really aggressive, even fina or duta won't save you. Get a hair system (yes they are good these days although maintenance heavy). If you have moderate hairloss you can choose: microneedling + minoxidil, zix, topical liposomal AA's, CB,... And if you're suicidal or don't care about your manhood then sure take oral AA's. There is no ideal solution for hairloss.

You can chat sh*t all you want, but you still can’t prove that you are progressing well on what hair loss treatments you’re promoting. And, I don’t use finasteride so all of these posts you show me are irrelevant.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do people attack others so easily on this forum? It's really stupid.

This forum is full of people with dumb b**ch syndrome, unfortunately... Especially the person who created ten accounts to dislike my posts almost 2500 times

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess we will never know if some of these extreme situations are highly related to the drug or if there is a deeper, individual issue that makes people to experience this totally devestating disease. Either way, it’s an horrible experience and my prayers go to the ones who have been battling with PFS.

However, I put the entire blame on this industry. We have been used for our hopes to make profit off of. There are billions of bullshit information and made up “cures”. If scientists could’ve developed something more viable that wouldn’t make systemic DHT inhibition a necessity, we would all be living our lives happy and healthy. (And, yes, RU58841 still will get a little systemic from reading a lot about it). I understand hair loss isn’t that serious of a problem, however, it shouldn’t be that hard to make something that is fully tissue selective.