Possible Gyno?

pkerofdarkness

Reaction score
I have been on Propecia for about 4 weeks now. Since I know about the possible sides, I have been on the look out to see if I experience any sides. Luckily, I have not experienced any sexual side effects.

While gyno is rare, Propecia can possible cause gyno. So I been more aware of my chest, I found that I have small pea size lumps above my areola and between my armpit and areola. Before Propecia, I don't feel my chest to see if there are lumps so I do not know if they were there before.

I don't feel any pain or discomfort if I don't touch my chest. If I squeeze down on the lumps, there is a small but bearable pain.

Is this gyno? Should I stop Propecia immediately?

baldnewb

Reaction score
Yeah that's gyno, I got the exact same thing in February. There's a couple of guys on the forum who managed to clear up gyno and stay on finasteride with letrozole. I'm going to run nolvadex for a week and then try finasteride again while staying on the nolva for a month or so. It seems to be the only option. Or just grow a pair of tits and keep your hair

pkerofdarkness

Reaction score
Yeah that's gyno, I got the exact same thing in February. There's a couple of guys on the forum who managed to clear up gyno and stay on finasteride with letrozole. I'm going to run nolvadex for a week and then try finasteride again while staying on the nolva for a month or so. It seems to be the only option. Or just grow a pair of tits and keep your hair

I read your other posts. It seems you were experiencing pain in your chest, which stopped afterwards. In your case, did your doctor confirm that it was gyno developing?

I have read that the pea size lumps are just lymph nodes. Not sure if that is right though.

Is it possible to develop gyno without any pain at all?

baldnewb

Reaction score
Yeah I actually did experience quite a bit of pain. My doctor at first said it was just a normal amount of breast tissue and told me to continue on the finasteride if I wanted to. Then it got worse and he confirmed it was gyno.

I also saw people talk about lymph nodes. I thought that at first but I didn't turn out to be the case for me.

I do believe it's possible to develop gyno without pain. Lots of info about this on bodybuilding forums. But I think generally it is painful. In my case, my chest muscles were quite sore but the actual lumps themselves weren't sore. I think you should try come off finasteride for little while and see do they shrink at all, just in case. I'm sure a few weeks wont have any terrible effect on your hair

pkerofdarkness

Reaction score
Yeah I actually did experience quite a bit of pain. My doctor at first said it was just a normal amount of breast tissue and told me to continue on the finasteride if I wanted to. Then it got worse and he confirmed it was gyno.

I also saw people talk about lymph nodes. I thought that at first but I didn't turn out to be the case for me.

I do believe it's possible to develop gyno without pain. Lots of info about this on bodybuilding forums. But I think generally it is painful. In my case, my chest muscles were quite sore but the actual lumps themselves weren't sore. I think you should try come off finasteride for little while and see do they shrink at all, just in case. I'm sure a few weeks wont have any terrible effect on your hair

When you said it got worse, did your lumps get bigger and bigger? Now that you have been off Propecia for a while, are the lumps all gone?

I have read that once gyno starts, the only way to get rid of it is surgery...

g.i joey

Reaction score
if they arent causing you pain and arent inflating your chest i wouldnt worry. When gyno tissue grows it hurts, this is why when we were young and we used to play around with girls they would feel pain when we would make contact with their chest.

You could have had those tiny lumps before finasteride due to puberty and were just never conscious about them because you had no reason to be.

pkerofdarkness

Reaction score
if they arent causing you pain and arent inflating your chest i wouldnt worry. When gyno tissue grows it hurts, this is why when we were young and we used to play around with girls they would feel pain when we would make contact with their chest.

You could have had those tiny lumps before finasteride due to puberty and were just never conscious about them because you had no reason to be.

Probably going to keep a close eye on them. Not sure if I been touching them too much after finding the lumps and worrying but there is a very slight tingling feeling on the left nipple. Not painful but just noticeable.

I noticed that you take .5mg Propecia 5 out of 7 days as your regimen. What sides were your experiencing? and did taking less completely eliminate the sides?

g.i joey

Reaction score
i take .5-1mg now 3-5 days a week. This time around i dont experience any sides, last time i did have a bit of brain fog.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hi Baldnewd, How is this working out for you?