Portunfio's Story

Portunfio

Reaction score
First off, I would like to say thank you for the wonderful services the people on this site gives me.

I will try to keep everyone updated on my progression as soon as I start my regimen.

Let me start off by saying that I noticed hair falling out when I was 19. I didn't think too much of it at the time. Every now and then I would rub my scalp vigorously to find hair falling on my desk. I thought it was interesting, but wasn't worried about hair loss.

I am a pretty good looking guy with a great personality. I have had a great education and am a successful engineer in a defense related industry. I am now 24 years old with a bright future ahead of me.

The first time hair loss was noticed, was by someone else. That's always embarressing when you're with a group of friends and someone blatently points out your hair thinning. In this case, my friend told me I had a receding hairline. I was 21.

A few months after that I noticed that my hair was becoming less dense. And so as time progressed I started to notice that my hair would be cumbersome to style (I usually styled it with a messy, spiky look to it).

So here I am now. I came back from dinner with a big group of friends. And again it happened, my friend pointed out that my hair is thinning and that I'm losing my hair. HOW EMBARESSING!!!

I felt like utter crap. I admitted to my hair loss in front of everyone saying that I have definitley lost some hair and that I even have a couple of white hairs popping up.

That night I felt so self-concious about my hair that it was hard for me to enjoy myself.

One of my friends told me that I should get a girl right now before I go bald. I felt like sh*t hearing that from someone.

I had extremely thick black hair a few years ago, and now its withering away. I have a receding hairline that can be camoflauged if my hair is long enough, but my forehead still looks a little big.

I feel worthless, and I know looks should not be everything, but my hair is important to me.

I want to go around meeting people and being social without having to worry about raising my eyebrows a little so my forehead shrinks. Or to not put too much gel in my hair that my scalp shows.

This is frustrating. I don't know what to do with myself.

I am starting a regimen soon.

It will be:

Generic Proscar
2% minoxidil
Nizoral 1%

As for now, I hope that will help me maintain my hair, and add more volume to it, if I'm lucky, I hope I can re-grow some of it as well

Thanks HairLossTalk!

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont know, maybe if you just want to maintain, minoxidil is unnecessary. Go for finasteride and nizoral. I think you'd have a great possibility of maintaining what you've got for a long time with them.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick shout out to the central coast. :) I went to college at Poly.

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
Portunfio said:
First off, I would like to say thank you for the wonderful services the people on this site gives me.

I will try to keep everyone updated on my progression as soon as I start my regimen.

Let me start off by saying that I noticed hair falling out when I was 19. I didn't think too much of it at the time. Every now and then I would rub my scalp vigorously to find hair falling on my desk. I thought it was interesting, but wasn't worried about hair loss.

I am a pretty good looking guy with a great personality. I have had a great education and am a successful engineer in a defense related industry. I am now 24 years old with a bright future ahead of me.

The first time hair loss was noticed, was by someone else. That's always embarressing when you're with a group of friends and someone blatently points out your hair thinning. In this case, my friend told me I had a receding hairline. I was 21.

A few months after that I noticed that my hair was becoming less dense. And so as time progressed I started to notice that my hair would be cumbersome to style (I usually styled it with a messy, spiky look to it).

So here I am now. I came back from dinner with a big group of friends. And again it happened, my friend pointed out that my hair is thinning and that I'm losing my hair. HOW EMBARESSING!!!

I felt like utter crap. I admitted to my hair loss in front of everyone saying that I have definitley lost some hair and that I even have a couple of white hairs popping up.

That night I felt so self-concious about my hair that it was hard for me to enjoy myself.

One of my friends told me that I should get a girl right now before I go bald. I felt like sh*t hearing that from someone.

I had extremely thick black hair a few years ago, and now its withering away. I have a receding hairline that can be camoflauged if my hair is long enough, but my forehead still looks a little big.

I feel worthless, and I know looks should not be everything, but my hair is important to me.

I want to go around meeting people and being social without having to worry about raising my eyebrows a little so my forehead shrinks. Or to not put too much gel in my hair that my scalp shows.

This is frustrating. I don't know what to do with myself.

I am starting a regimen soon.

It will be:

Generic Proscar
2% minoxidil
Nizoral 1%

As for now, I hope that will help me maintain my hair, and add more volume to it, if I'm lucky, I hope I can re-grow some of it as well

Thanks HairLossTalk!
dude, you got some lousy friends that keep telling you that! what the hell do they expect you to do? you should just see a doctor who will direct you to the best plan of attack. i'm sure he will prescribe to you propecia. it seems to work for a lot of people. some use that & rogaine together. good luck! p.s. anybody who kept telling me that my hair is falling out & get a girl before you go bald would cease to be my friend....